comair commuter clause?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyhard

Starting at comair soon and was wondering if the commuter clause applies to Delta, or is it Comair specific?

although i only have the option of comair to cincy...i'm certain it applies to Delta..we get a Delta pass card that allows us to list on any Delta or Connection flight

It's any two flights you can list on using your travel card, that depart at least 1 hour apart that get you to your domicile at least 1/2 hour prior to check-in. You also have to register a normal point of departure (where you are commuting from), so I don't think you can call from Paris and exercise the commuter clause.

I list on mainline flights, though depending on where you are coming in from, you could list on Comair, ASA, ACA, or whoever is running the flight for Delta Corp.

If you don't make it in, they can go back and pull up the Deltamatic (love that name, so George Jetson) computer records and confirm that you did or didn't list and attempt to board (i.e. check in and end up on the airport standby list) which would preclude trying to jumpseat in on a non-Delta affiliated flight.

Good luck in class.

If I understand correctly...as long as you list on 2 and don't make it, that is ok but you won't get paid?? Is there a limit to the number of times they let you get away with this? Also, can you commute while on reserve? THanks

If I understand correctly...as long as you list on 2 and don't make it, that is ok but you won't get paid??

>That is correct...for the portions of the trip you miss.

Is there a limit to the number of times they let you get away with this?

>Technically no, but i wouldn't make it a habit unless you want to do a carpet dance.

Also, can you commute while on reserve?

>Yes, same provisions apply.

Oz explained this in the repatriation meetings after the strike. He said that The commuter clause was just putting in writing what was their policy all along. If you list on two flights, ect, is correct, but if you miss work three or four times a year for commuting, he will want to talk to you about your commuting practices. Hope this helps you.

Latest resources

Back