Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

stearman

Seasons Greetings everyone.

I interviewed with Comair Nov. 20th. I received my congrats letter about 10 days later and I'm real excited about my new airline career with such a great company. I'm waiting to hear from Sharon Jones on an exact class date. We were told to expect a 3 month pool during the orientation portion of the interview. I'm trying to find out if anyone has any recent info on the new hire pool. Specifically, Is it still a 3 month pool and how much notice are people getting from confirmation into a class to actual report date?

Thanks for the info.
Stearman

I also interviewed on the 20 Nov. I called Sharon on 16 Dec and KINDLY asked her to give me SOME idea so I can plan my next 2 months.

Sharon told me to expect a class in mid January, but most certainly in January! As of 16 Dec, the schedulers hadn't given her an exact date for those of us hired in November. However, there are classes scheduled every Monday in January, each with 30 students. The pool is getting shallow...

BTW, a short-notice class date is the only way Sharon said Comair would pay for transportation to get to class. It may not sound like a lot of money, but buying a one-way from SEA-CVG with a 3-day notice can get kinda pricey!

Nov 02 hires should expect a January class, if all holds true. That said, January starts in less than a week! So don't be surprised if Sharon calls in the next week or so and offers you a short-notice class date.

See you in the sims!

Congrats. to those of you who were hired. I have a few questions for you
1) how long, after sending in your resume, did it take to get an interview.
2) Did you have someone walk it in.
3) Did you have a letter of Rec.

Thanks

I went to the Air Inc seminar in Washington DC on 25 Oct and was offered an interview date on the spot for 20 Nov. All I had was my resume and me -- no referrals. In fact, I didn't even know who the heck Comair was the day prior, because I've been flying for the Air Force on the West Coast for the last 4 years. I was very lucky to have found such a nice company in this tough environment.

Just goes to show that enthusiasm and first hand impressions really do make a difference. Sharon was the one who I met at the conference and we really hit it off.

I know there's a thread on this website decrying Kit Darby and how he "rips off pilots." But for a military pilot like me who doesn't know ANYTHING about the world of civilian flying, it made all the difference. Those job fares CAN work if you meet the requirements and make that good first hand impression. The next one is in Dallas on Jan 25.

Good luck

Tanker Toad-Thanks for the info. I think you and I spoke in the Comair lobby that morning. I was the only Marine C-12 driver there. See you in class!

rk772-My story is much the same as Tanker Toad. I went to the DC Air Inc Job Fair. I waited for about two hours in the Comair line with resume in hand. I spoke with Sharon Jones who was very nice. She asked me some direct questions like why Comair? Where did I see myself in 4-5 years? I was set up with a Nov. interview on the spot. It's kind of ironic, Comair was the one airline that I really didn't know anyone at the time. I didn't have a LOR and no one walked in my resume. I feel very lucky to have been hired by Comair especially without having an "in". I will say this though, I thought I answered Sharon Jones questions well and I was enthusiastic about Comair when we spoke. If you haven't been, I suggest going to one of the Air Inc. Job Fairs. After all, that's where the recruiters are going to be to talk to pilots about getting hired. If Kit Darby makes a buck off of me doing it...so be it. It's an investment on my part. Good Luck!

stearman

Latest resources

Back