Comair class date!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Welcome aboard

You will have your first week provided in the hotel CMR uses for crews - the Radisson (last I heard). After that you are on your own.

Depending on whether you plan on living here or commuting, there are a number of options.

If living here, there are a number of apartments that give Comair discounts (just ask for it). If you plan to buy a house, I would (and did) lease an apartment for six months to not have to worry about house hunting while going to class. Then you have time to scope out the area and pick the desirable areas you want to concentrate on. And if you are buying, you can get a mortgage with the Delta credit union based on your second year salary - so if you can come up with 10% down and can deal with an interest rate 1% higher than the lowest available, you can get into a house up to about 165K.

A number of my classmates commute and had no problems finding a crashpad. And once you can hold a CD line, you can dump the crashpad since the company will provide a hotel during the day between your nightly trips.

Sorry. No specific apartment names or crashpad numbers. You can start doing that when you get here. Although you can look for apartments online. We did that and when we got here the process was streamlined due to the research we had already accomplished.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

Copter: I also received a class date of 16 June and I guess it is time to find a place to live. What if any have any of you soon to be Comair pilots found on the subject?

Congrats! Good to have y'all with us. One easy way to do some hunting - go to any grocery store up here and grab an apartment guide.

in our class, 7 of us piled into a 3-br apartment at Paddock Club apartments, just SE of the airport and across the street from the Florence mall, Kroger and lots of restaurants. some complexes offer as little as a 3-month lease. 6 months would be a minimum though, you'll be in training for 3, and on reserve for at least 3 more. tons of complexes to choose from.

granted, the pad was a little crowded, especially when we were all getting ready for morning classes, but i can't tell you how helpful it was to have so many of us together during training. we'd come home, crack open a few cold ones, and drill constantly on systems, emer procedures, flows, whatever. most of the apartments up here are pilot-friendly (although a few are not). apparently in our complex, someone put up dry wall in the dining room to make an extra bedroom.

feel free to PM me with any questions...

Captainv

need a hat?

Any of you new hires have an enormous head? a guy in our class went back to his previous employer, so we've got a Comair pilot hat, size 7 7/8 (about as big as they go) if anyone's interested.

Latest resources

Back