Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair- Aviation Weather Book (AC 00-6A)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

roadrot

I need a copy of Aviation Weather (AC 00-6A) for the Comair training class.

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of it.

Thanks

Various methods:

1.) Sporty's online pilot shop (48 hours for delivery)
www.sportys.com

2.) Go to nearest FBO (local airport, probably where flight school is located) - they usually have copies for sale.

3.) Amazon, Barnes & Noble, any online book seller

4.) If you have really high speed internet and printing capability, you can go to the FAA web site:

http://www2.faa.gov/avr/afs/infoforgeneralaviation/

Select: All Advisory Circulars (about the middle left of the page)
and then select the AC's you want. The weather docs are in PDF format, but remember this is a book!

You may want to consider AC 00-45 about Weather Services. As I see you are coming out of the Military - the METAR is the preferred format over your military SA's and other military briefs. If you want to read your weather packet, 00-45 will decode all the stuff for you.

Good luck.

If your in cincy you may try the flight depot or cincinnati flight trainning at lunken airport. The flight depot is open around noon.

You don't even crack that book during training. Don't waste your money...heck, you can borrow mine.

i agree with the previous post...never even looked at it. in fact, that goes for just about every other book the put on that list. most everything you need will be provided to you.

the best book for me, that isn't on the list, was the turbine pilot's flight manual that helped me with some systems i didn't have a lot of experience with (e.g., press. systems, prop stuff).

Latest resources

Back