• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Collins or Honeywell?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One of our planes has the Honeywell system, and I'm not too fond of it. I prefer the Universal to either one. Say you have a fltplan in the honeywell with 10 way points and AtC gives you direct to your destination and then they forgot about a MOA being active and tell you to go to XYZ (on your fltplan)and then direct. With universal, you just hit the "DIR" button and then the # of the fix on your flihtplan. With Honeywell's system, you can't go back to a previous waypoint without starting the whole flightplan over.

The Honeywell just doesn't seem as user friendly as the Universal.

I believe the Collins to be much more user friendly. You have easy Dir Intercept commands, and its always better to see the hold depicted before you arrive there. Not saying we all shouldn't be able to figure it out, but it is definitely a nice touch.

I think the Honeywell avionics package in the E-170 is the most advanced of any regional aircraft flying today. From what I hear its pretty darn easy to use.

I have used both and I will take the honeywell anyday. Also, as a previous post noted, you can get previous waypoints on the honeywell. DIR PREV.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back