• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SAAB Driver

Thats Hot
Fellow Colgans,

Get those cards in. For anyone riding the fence, or for those looking for good solid info, email APLA and read Flying the Line parts I + II. The books are 300 or so pages each and at times boring but you will learn the history of your trade from the labor point of view and see how many luxuries pilots have now that we take for granted.

Lets not lose the momentum that is going right now. Like Mr Colgan said in his letters, get the facts.

Dhc-8

When are the first DHC-8-400 coming on the property at Colgan? Is it likely they will advertise for DHC-8 F/O & hire directly into the 8? Anyone know if EWR will be the only base or are more bases possible in the future? Thanks to anyone at Colgan who has the low down!

They are going to be hiring for LOTS of things soon. Right now they are trying to sort out anyone in house that want's to go to the Q400. I would assume that by the end of the year they will be hiring FO's and you could get either Saab or Dash, depending on the class. Don't know how long the Beech will be around.

Things are hopefully going to be really cool around here in the next year. People getting hired now will gain senority quick and likely upgrade very quick.

SEND IN YOUR ALPA CARD ASAP!!!!! Let's get this thing rolling!!!

more info visit:
www.alpa.org/colgan

Cards

The only way you can voice your opinion and vote is to send the card in. Whether you want to vote yes or no, this card "registers" you to vote.

No it doesn't

The only way you can voice your opinion and vote is to send the card in. Whether you want to vote yes or no, this card "registers" you to vote.

This card, if they receive enough of them, allows ALPA to hold a vote. Nothing more. People who did not send in a card will be given a vote just like those who did. It does not "register you".

If you don't want a vote on the union to even come up, then you shouldn't send in your card. If you want a vote on the union, then you should. Simple as that. That's all it does.

yes

I hear that everyone wants a chance to vote. Voice their opinion. The only way this happens is if they send in their cards. Send them in if you want a chance to voice your opinion.

I hear that everyone wants a chance to vote. Voice their opinion. The only way this happens is if they send in their cards. Send them in if you want a chance to voice your opinion.

Not sending them in is also a way to voice your opinion.

yeah right so is not voting for presidential elections. It just means you LAZY and don't care.

Send in your cards, if youre against the union, send in your cards...and when it comes time to vote, vote how you wish. At least give the vote a chance.....besides, hasnt anyone noticed how much nicer the company has been with just the threat of a union?

The Colgan's were fair, but, uncle Phil is a whole different animal.....and he's in the drivers seat.

yeah right so is not voting for presidential elections. It just means you LAZY and don't care.

Wrong. In an election there WILL be a vote. In which case I will vote to make my voice heard. By NOT sending in the card you are effectively trying to keep a vote/election from happening at all. This is also a way of making your voice heard.

Not to worry, if in fact enough people want to vote Yes, there will be enough cards sent in to make the vote happen.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back