Colgan to being Contract Negotiations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And Pilots making less than $20k/year.
ALPA was great at getting airlines and airports to increase safety.
My ALPA dues are worth that. But as far as contracts and the system that they have created? This pay/flight hour is crap. Worst idea ever. Don't know who is responsible for it but it should have stopped long ago.
If colgan has decent pay then Furloughed United Pilot would be working there and i doubt the buffalo accident would have ever happened.
Don't have pilot involved in negotiating is the best answer. And have ONE contract for ALL airlines. ONE pay rate for each airplane type flown in the USA. Every ALPA carrier should have exactly the same pay and duty regs. That will be the fastest way to end the whipsawing.
I usually read on this site but I can't resist... Back in the day there was a furloughed UAL guy and for that matter several furloughed mainline carrier guys working at Colgan, that could not prevent the other mishap. So I don't get your point.

Hate to say it, but your all ready done. Just ask Comair after Lex. Get what you can and get out. The writing is on the wall. I just came back from rgt, and they were salivating about your demise. Sorry not me, just reading back.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back