Colgan Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atis whiskey

Wanted to know, whether there are any websites for pilots at Colgan. I'm thinking about applying there, and wanted also to know how long was ground school. how many weeks is systems, and sim. training. Also where does the training take place? Are the new hirers able to request domiciles? Are you paid during training?

Wanted to know, whether there are any websites for pilots at Colgan

www.colganair.com is the company site. No specific non employee sites for pilots that I know of. Click on employment for application information. Competative minimuns right now are around 2000 total with 2 or 300 multi I think.

know how long was ground school how many weeks is systems, and sim. training

For the Beech

Generally 3 weeks for ground school. 1st week is basic indoc, weeks 2-3 are systems. Sim training time can vary, but generally takes 2 weeks. 10 sims I believe, 1 loft, and the check ride. You'll get one differences sim for the C or D depending on which sim you did your training in.

Also where does the training take place? Are the new hirers able to request domiciles? Are you paid during training?

Ground training takes place at HQ in Manassas, VA. Sim training for the Beech takes place at Flight Safety LGA. You are paid during training and given a double occupancy hotel room.

Will likely send in stuff at beginning of next year.

Unless another commitment is keeping you away, I would send your resume in now. There are a lot of resumes in the stack and next year there will likely be a lot more.

I'd love to fly those 1900s in the soup by hand. Yeah, baby!!!

Now that we have increased our D model fleet by 800% and increasing, those 1800 rvr days are a breeze! :)

Latest resources

Back