• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Open House Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Been there. Done that. Left after a year and would not recommend that $hit hole place to anybody.

Yes, I was home every night. In f-'in Presque Isle Maine, and then Johnstonwn PA - ferrying airplanes to HEF because they broke, having the chief pilot tell me to take a plane in icing with no ice protection because the clouds were broken and I could find a hole in the winter . . .

. . . don't get me started. They're dangerous and they have no contract because they have no union so they will take a crap on you when they need it.

But I learned a lot. Like, how to better research a company that I was going to go work for.

Now I'm at a great airline! And everybody lived happily ever after. :)

Been there. Done that. Left after a year and would not recommend that $hit hole place to anybody.

Yes, I was home every night. In f-'in Presque Isle Maine, and then Johnstonwn PA - ferrying airplanes to HEF because they broke, having the chief pilot tell me to take a plane in icing with no ice protection because the clouds were broken and I could find a hole in the winter . . .

. . . don't get me started. They're dangerous and they have no contract because they have no union so they will take a crap on you when they need it.

But I learned a lot. Like, how to better research a company that I was going to go work for.

that is a sad story. but many people i know are pretty happy with how things have gone at colgan

Yeah, you're at a "great" company, but how long are you going to be an fo there? Colgan's all about paying your dues. The classic minor league baseball story, and you went from 1A to 2A. If you could've sucked it up for a few years, you would've gotten a $hitload of PIC, been more marketable, and gone to a better company, possibly a major. Hell, I'm not at the best company, but I sure bet you'll be riding the pine in the right seat longer than I am.

70-SS, probably by year's end. I'll delay for a few months if it comes to that just to have the great schedules through football season -- then be a biatch for the company for a few years.

Latest resources

Back