Colgan Commuter Policy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

playinskys

Just read the memo on crew website. Too darn general, the memo is written in shades of grey. I don't commute, so what do those who commute think. Also, paid parking at an alt airport, other then your base. And a Uniform allowance.

How about an updated pay policy, or employee handbook. What a joke.

I believe these are good starts. 2 comments of mine would be

1. who did we elect to negotiate with mgmt?

2. Aren't the pilots supposed to vote proposed policy changes?

i think the changes are positive.

I'm still worried about the last memo...he said that effective immediately all mntc. cancellations will be paid or whatever, but then there was a line in there that said this will continue to be the policy until April 15, 2008. What happens after that? No pay for mntc. cancellations?

Do you think you would have had these changes if you wouldn't have just had a union vote and the possibility of another one in the not-to-distant future? Congratulations you now have what nearly every other pilot group negotiated long ago. These changes are a good thing, but give credit where credit is due.

Do you think you would have had these changes if you wouldn't have just had a union vote and the possibility of another one in the not-to-distant future? Congratulations you now have what nearly every other pilot group negotiated long ago. These changes are a good thing, but give credit where credit is due.

I'm still worried about the last memo...he said that effective immediately all mntc. cancellations will be paid or whatever, but then there was a line in there that said this will continue to be the policy until April 15, 2008. What happens after that? No pay for mntc. cancellations?

hmm, yeah no kidding what the heck does that mean?

prolly has as much to do with what the FA's are negotiating. doesn't do squat for ticket protection

Here are my issues.

What are "Adequate Seats" and how do we prove it? What about when we are jumpseating on another carrier? There are many times when you cannot tell how many seats there are. How many times have you gotten to work on an airplane that was oversold by 10 - via jumpseat / no shows? In those cases negative 10 seats was "Adequate".

What about 2+ leg commutes? Many of us with outstation bases have those. How do you apply the rules?

Again, this policy is enforced at the whim of screw scheduling as though they are my boss. It is not in any way binding and I would be nervous about using it. A step in the right direction? Sure. I think the parking thing is the best thing on there.

As was said before, thanks to the Unions out there who fought to make these kinds of things "industry standard". Maybe one of these days we'll figure out what value that is.

Is 4/15 when we get merged with PCL???? YAY!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back