• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan bases and schedules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll second the previous post. Sitting reserve at a maint. base sux! Comes with the territory, but you won't be on reserve too long and there are some great places to be based here. I know that some people would disagree, but it's simply a matter of personal taste.
I will also say that upgrade is no gimmie and if I were to offer any advice; "precision and accuracy".

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

Stay in the books, try to study once a week for about 30 minutes just to keep tight on the knowledge (there is a lot of it too) And you will be more than prepaired for upgrades. Now just following my own advice would be good for me!!!
Good luck and happy holidays!

P2J

Having flown both types there, I would say upgrade is not easy either. The final checkride will make you feel like you are in the military or something. And, you get zero points for previous accomplishments on that ride, you are starting from scratch. I am suprised as many people do pass the type ride. FO rides are simple compared to the type ride.

Snaab said:
Check out our website for a list of bases. We don't have a base in either LGA or BOS. Left seat? I've heard 2000 TT and/or 800 in type; or about 12-15 months on line for the Saab; 9-12 months for the Beech. Schedules are typically 4 on/3 off; or 5 on/2 off; or whatever they need. I have a mix this month. You're usually back at your base at the end of the day, which is great if you live in base.

Of course all commutes can present a level of frustration. I did it while I was there myself. I recall a specific MCO-PHL leg that was just totally not my finest hour. I'm sitting in first class and the captain emerges from behind the flight deck door and says: "Sir, if you can't stop farting, I am going to reseat you in coach." Now in truth, I had been farting most of that flight, in fact, I had been farting inside the terminal and throughout most of the walk down the jetway... but you can't tell me this dude was really smelling it up in the cockpit. That's one magic fart to make it under the re-enforced cockpit door and up to his nostrils. This modern day James T Kirk should stop policing the back of the plane and keep his eyes up front. On top of that, the rest of the flight was total awkward silence between me and the lady sitting next to me.
Just make sure you know what you are signing up for before joining Colgan. Late

Last edited:
What is the minimum days off at Colgan, And is it contractually Protected.

Thanks
Dash

dashboy said:
What is the minimum days off at Colgan, And is it contractually Protected.

Thanks
Dash

There is no union, so there is no contract. I've seen very few lines with 12 days off a month. Most have 13-14.

What is the flying like out of Manchester? All Saab or a mix with the 1900? Same day out and backs to LGA or do you get to head off to one or two other locations before returning.

Thanks.

Mht

MHT is all out and backs with your first leg to LGA. From there it changes monthly. Right now early shift starts at 6:00 am ends at 5:15 with 6 legs. Late shift shows at 4:40 one R.T to LGA during the week. Weekends are a little different. Base is very senior for CPT's junior for F/O's.

Saab only base.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back