• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cold Remedies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know a few pilots that swear by Zicam, it's supposed to minimize the duration of a cold. I've used a a few times, although I can't really say I noticed a huge difference. We keep it around the house for the kids, and some Airborne for ourselves. You probably already know about Airborne, it is supposed to act as an immune system booster to help prevent picking up a cold in the first place. Both products are homeopathic.

I swear by Zicam Gel Swabs(vs tablets/oral mist). A mandatory part of my flight kit, especially if Asia is involved.

Vitamins. Lots of vitamins. That's all Airborne pretty much is. In addition to a multi-vitamin, take vitamin C tablets and drink a lot of orange juice. Always worked for me. Never heard of Zicam though, I'll check it out.

Cold Help

I've tried Zicam and Coldeze (sp) with moderate success. Take a good multi vitimin, and stay hydrated. Just be careful flying with any kind of upper respiratory infection. I just about destroyed my right ear during an unpressurized descent earlier in my career. I'll never fly with a cold again.

Best of luck and get well soon!
Treetop

I highly recommend Airborne. You have to take it at the *very first* sign of a cold. It has saved me from catching my captains' colds several times this season.

Lots and lots of alcoholic beverages. The over abundance of toxins in my system will clean out any thing including the HIV!!!! (jk) :)

I've used Zicam before and it does seem to work well, also airborn seems to work. Hard to tell with the airborn since I usually just take it if I've been exposed to anyone that's sick within close proximity, IE a sick crew member, or girlfreind. But I haven't gotten sick since I've been doing that.

Latest resources

Back