• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PA-44Typed

Job Title: CO-PILOT/1ST OFFICER
Salary Range:
Neg-Neg
Email: [email protected]
Seeking Co-Pilot/1st Officer for company aircraft. Must be capable of piloting multi-engine and Turbine/Turboprop aircraft. Must have current Commercial Airplane (Land) certificate/license. Must have a current Instrument ticket/rating. Must have a current multi-engine rating. Additionally, position requires 2000 hours Total Time in fixed wing aircraft, 1000 hours as pilot in multi-engine aircraft, and 500 hours as Pilot-in-Command in Turbine or Turbo-prop aircraft.
Resume via e-mail to: [email protected] -OR- Fax to the ATTN of Cynthia Lott @ 601-607-6333. No telephone inquires please.

The airplane is a Beechcraft Starship, one of the few left in service.

Oh...I just applied for it...

Eric

I thought Beech "de-certified" all of the remaining starships. I was under the impression that Burt Rutan had the only airworthy aircraft left.

Beech tried to buy back all of the remaining airframes from the owners. There were 53 total produced, including 3 test aircraft.

There are still 5 registered to private owners and 6 registered to Beech, out of the original 50 production aircraft.

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/acftinqSQL.asp?striptxt=2000&mfrtxt=beech&modeltxt=2000&cmndfind.x=6&cmndfind.y=2

N45FL

Serial Number NC-45 Type Registration CorporationManufacturer NameBEECH Certificate Issue Date06/18/2002 Model2000 StatusValid Type AircraftFixed Wing Multi-EngineType EngineTurbo-Prop Pending Number ChangeNone DealerNo Date Change AuthorizedNone Mode S Code51270113 MFR Year1993 Fractional OwnerNO

Registered Owner

Name L-3 COMMUNICATIONS VERTEX AEROSPACE LLC Street555 INDUSTRIAL DR S CityMADISON StateMISSISSIPPI Zip Code 39110-9072 CountyMADISON CountryUNITED STATES

Fun airplane to fly when all is working. Plan for lots of time off while they wait on parts though.

I enjoyed my 400 hours in it.

I worked for a 135 company who had one on thier ticket years ago, I never got to fly it but would have loved to. I agree, from what I heard there are only 5 left in private hands.

I hate to burst any bubbles but someone local is going to get this job. I'm from the area and worked at that airport for a few years and I'd be shocked if they hired from outside. I'm really surprised that the announcement made it to this forum. This is a tight community and you normally don't find out about a job opening until after the position has been filled. Very much a "buddy" system. I don't qualify but if you meet the mins, good luck to you.

Last edited:
I worked for a company that was bought out by L-3 about three years ago. Initially we were under L-3 Vertex in the organizational structure, but I was never associated directly with L-3 Vertex at Madison.

L-3 is a very successful defense contractor - see their stock code LLL - it is running about $85/share right now. See also www.l-3com.com to learn about the company. L-3 Vertex falls under the Integrated Systems Division HQ in Texas.

They have good medical benefits and company stock purchasing, 401K, etc.

Strangely enough, with offices all over the world the only corporate plane that is actually owned is this Starship. The corporate offices in NYC as of January finally have a NetJets timeshare (Hawker 800), and there are some research aircraft scattered around the U.S. plus the 20+ LearJets that we operated on government contract.

L-3 Human Resources is very big on hiring by the numbers, i.e. no back door hiring anymore. This is not to say that the CP does not have someone in mind, but things are a little above board.

I encourage people to apply but I do not have any inside scoop or contacts - sorry. I was laid off in January when our base in Italy closed.

Latest resources

Back