CO Aircraft Assignments

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

145BOSS

Just got the news that I have a class date of November 28th. I was told that there were going to be 4 737 IAH, 4 737 EWR and 4 757/767 EWR slots for the class. For planning purposes can anyone fill me in on what the trends have been on aircraft selection from class to class, for example does the 757 tend to go senior or junior, are there any bases that tend to go more senior, etc. Thanks for the help.

In my class back in Feb, the 757 went junior. Most people don't want to go to EWR. Even if you get EWR 737, you won't have to be there long if you don't want to. You will be able to hold CLE or IAH on the next bid for the 73. A very different story on the 757.

congrats on the class date!!

It all depends on who is in our class and where they live. You will hold a line quicker on the 737 so guys who commute seem to want that but the 737 in EWR is not very commutable. The 757 trips are more commutable but you will be on reserve longer. To each his/her own. Welcome to CAL.

My buddy currently in class at CAL actually looked it up for me. In Nov. they are starting 16 in a class. The drop will be 8 737 to EWR, 4 737 to IAH, 4 757/767 to EWR. He started in September and was the last to pick being the youngest and he got the 75 to EWR. He also said the 75 goes junior.

145BOSS congrats and I'll see ya in class. Anyone have any WAGS on how long it would take to bid IAH in the 75?

145BOSS congrats and I'll see ya in class. Anyone have any WAGS on how long it would take to bid IAH in the 75?

Right now it is at least a year. We only have system bids every six months, and nobody hired since Jan of this year has been able to hold 756 IAH.

How busy is 757/767 reserve? I know the 777 reserve guys hardly fly but I haven't heard much about the 75/76 guys. Thanks.

How busy is 757/767 reserve? I know the 777 reserve guys hardly fly but I haven't heard much about the 75/76 guys. Thanks.

This summer, both A and B reserves were flying quite a bit. Since September, if you are a B reserve you will hardly get used at all. The B reserves (short call) are the last to get called out. For the month of October, I bid A (long call) and have been used every day. A reserves are always used first if possible.

A reserve is 9 hours. B is 3 to takeoff. However, the contract says that they can change a A to B without paying the B rate (76 hrs for B versus 72 hrs for A) if its no longer than 3 days. What they do is change you from A to B then call you out so they don't pay extra.

But the time on reserve is so short, 2 months for me, that it makes those rules easier to handle. Hopefully we'll change the reserve rules is 08.

If someone wanted to hustle, and I mean be willing to work as much as possible to maximize income, how much could someone make 1st year on the 737 vs the 756 in EWR. I'm assuming the first 6 months on he 756 will be reserve and thus 76hrs.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back