Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rk772

Here we go STEELERS!!
I'm back in the game again, looking for a flying job after dealing with a family emergancy for the past 18 months. Has anyone had any luck paying the $12/month for climbto350. I was just wondering if anyone has secured a job or even gotten an interview by using their service.
Thanks.

well...i, for one, am convinced that all the internet ads (ie; Climbto350, findapilot, insert favorite here) are simply a "snapshot" of the current situation at any given company at that particular time period. for the amount of people i know that have tracked these ads in vain (self included) i just dont see their worth as much more than an outlook on the hiring situation in general.

jobs? ...its all in the networking ;)

I agree with you Wingnut. That's how I interpret what I read on those sites. When I see a lot of new ads, I think to myself that hopefully things are picking up. But when I don't see any new pilot jobs for a few days in a row, I start wondering if we've seen the bottom yet.

What were these sites like before this latest downturn? Were there alot of jobs and new ads added daily?

Ads

It's probably the same as the articles about companies you see in Career Pilot, AIR, Inc. or other magazines, but with more recent information.

I remember some the articles that appeared in Career Pilot. By the time they were printed, the information could have been six months old! Also, they were very sly. The articles would give the impression that if you met the quals you would be called. Seductive.

The ads in Air Jobs Digest or Trade-A-Plane were similar. Air Jobs Digest came out weekly. I applied to a good many jobs in that pub and never heard anything further. How quickly can a place amass resumes in a week? My wife has this theory that these jobs really don't exist; for one reason or another the advertiser wants to get resumes. One Air Jobs Digest ad did work for me, though; it was at Riddle and was my first aviation job.

Captain Mac at Flight Crews International is an honest source of job information. Captain Mac is one of the few real gentlemen in this business. He'll give it to you straight, always.

Good luck with the job search.

Last edited:
It all depends on your experience level. I have had four job offers from responding to climbto350 advertisements. All of which were overseas. I have a friend who advertises for ferry crews on the sight as well.

It is a steep price and I will soon cancel since I have found solid employment, but it is a good way to see what is going on in the hiring environment.

Typhoonpilot

FL to 350 free after posts are 3 days ol

You can access the information at Climb to FL 350 after the posts are 3 days old. Why not try that first and use this board for about a month to gather information. You can always try one of those services after that.

Many companies require you to apply directly to their wedsite, others use certain online service, etc.

Good luck,

Jeff

I have to agree with Jeff. Why pay a monthly membership fee when, in just a couple of days, you'll see the ad anway? Also, if you noticed, you see the "members only" ads on 350, but you can go to one of a half dozen other sights and see the ad placed (or copied) there as well without paying the membership fee.

One I've found curious is the ad for YUM! Brands. It's been running for nearly six months (comes up nearly every day on FlipDog) and one person on this board claimed (I'll believe it until I see different) that he accepted employment with them some three months ago, yet the ad still runs.

2000Flyer

FlyChicaga said:
Anyone know Tim?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

...uh-oh.

did he get ya? lemme guess, all that training and no flight time since?

lemme know if he sticks ya, ive got a number of a reputable banner guy further south, and super cubs too ;)

Yeah 350 and several other boards seem to re-broadcast jobs from other sites without verification or authentication. Lots of incest in this biz.

AEPS and others

Most of these boards can have some value and for the most part they are extremely inexpensive.

AEPS is probably the most legtimate but they post jobs from other sights although not nearly as often as 350.

PilotStaffCV has a number of clients as well.

Turner Group Service which I saw lambasted on these boards is also legitimate.

What you need to remember is that people who have been successful with these may not be on these boards anymore. Secondly, it is the companies that post that are the key and what they think.

I know that the companies that use AEPS often search silently and stealthily. They select from the masses and contact only the few that meet the specific desire.

Latest resources

Back