• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MLBWINGBORN

Freedom Fighter
Hey guys and gals..

Just been out and about in the system and heard that we are talking about two classes per month for the remainder of the year..

Yeah ..I know.."no classes have been confirmed"..but i keep hearing the same thing in different places..

For those of you that are starting classes next week..

Welcome to the best job around..

Mike

Thanks Mike,

We need to try and get this one substantiated. Just the thought has my ticker beating twice as fast. FYI a buddy of mine who was selected on last Januarys DB was told class #9. Sounds about right given the unofficial SWA factor posted on our beloved board here. MY DB was last march and I was told Class #11. Sounds like the chocks may have finally been pulled.....

Can't wait to run into everyone who participated in the Pool Rat Gear fandango....it'll be nice to finally be able to have the CASH to buy you guys a round :)

Cheers,
Red Leader..............out.

That's exciting!

If that rumor is correct then if for 11 months they do 2 classes at 24 that's 528, add the January class that's 552, the pool is drained and the interview's begin. Even if they only do 6 months worth at 24 a class that's 288 plus the 24 (I presume that's how many are in tomorrow's class) that's 312, the pool is really close to being drained, I would guess the interview's begin.

I think we must keep in mind it's just a rumor, but it's fun to look at the numbers and see how it'll all work out.

RJ

fandango!

fandango
SYLLABICATION: fan·dan·go
PRONUNCIATION: AUDIO: fn-dngg KEY
NOUN: Inflected forms: pl. fan·dan·gos
1a. An animated Spanish or Spanish-American dance in triple time. b. A piece of music for this dance.
2. Informal Nonsense; tomfoolery.

Nothing like some "informal nonsense"!! Gota luv that!!!!

Thanks Red - appreciate having been in the Fandango...:D

Tred

He's Back!!!!

Mike-

Off the bench to hit the ball out of Rumor Mill Park! Man, we've missed your rumors. Thanks for the New Year's present.

JayhawkDude

Man it's always good to hear some encouraging news.... good luck to all you lucky guys and gals starting school tomorrow, you certianly deserve it after the wait. Hopefully all the poolies will have an opportunity to see the inside of the schoolhouse soon!

The 3 Scenerios

Since we're all talk'n rumors here, I'll throw this one into the pile. I was talking with my SWA buddy tonight and here's what he was told by a check airman last week regarding the hiring. My buddy tries to get as much info from them when he can, but he usually laughs when I tell him I've already heard most of his good stuff from you guys here on FLIGHTINFO.

Here's what the check airman said to him (paraphrased as well as possible - my eyes were glued to the 49'ers game at the time):

Meetings have been going on within the check airman/training ranks for (3) possible 2003 hiring scenerios. Here they are in no particular order:

1. Hire for 2003 deliveries and 2003 retirements (we've all seen this so far and have been hearing numbers quoted from 180-250 or so).

2. Hire for 2003 retirements only. The C/A told him 95 pilots. The age 60 retirements for 2003 run about 65 pilots from a quick count off the Jan 10, 2002 Seniority list. So it sounds as if the C/A is assuming or has been told about 30 early outs, or I can't count worth a hoot and need to go back to the second grade.

3. Hire based on a reduction of capacity from SWA's competitors. This issue is VERY speculative, and is obviously a very unknown at this point (but you have to be ready to move when the opportunities present themselves). This would be a "massive" training event and would bring on all of us this year according to my understanding of my friend's interpretation of the C/A's explanation of the possible event. We are talking VERY FORWARD movement here.

Conclusion?
Who the heck knows, but it makes me feel good that they are at least discussing more than one option that will affect most, if not all of us in 2003. I must admit that I'm not too hip on #2 though.
(Tredding would have to come out of retirement and make us some 2004 Pool Rat towels and T's)

Any other substantiated rumors along these lines?

Coop

;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back