Citationshares & TAG - any crossover?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lumber Yak

I recently read an article about Citationshares in a Pro Pilot magazine. The article suggested that if a Citationshares pilot were "interested" in flying bigger corporate jets than a Citation Excel, a "natural transition" exists between Citationshares and TAG Aviation (its co-owner).

The IMPLICATION was that a Citationshares pilot could eventually fly a GIV, Global or Falcon for TAG's charter or aircraft management division.... Is that true? Was the Pro Pilot article a bit misleading? Has that happened yet? Have Citationshares pilots skipped over to TAG to fly bigger corporate iron like Falcon 900s or beautiful GVs? Any facts from actual Citationshares pilots out there - has this option been offered to you? What's the word?

Also, I am surprised that Citationshares doesn't fly Citation Xs - better for cross-country trips than the Excel. Any plans for that in the future?

Cheers

I dont think too many CitationShares Pilots would be interested in going to TAG charter.
CS people seem pretty happy while life at TAG varies greatly-totally dependent on the aircraft you are hired on. Good position rarely (read never) open up....

G200,

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I agree - why leave a growing fractional with real potential for an unsteady "charter" position? However, if you are flying a Citation Bravo as a Captain and you are offered a seat on a brand new Falcon 900EX or GIVSP based out of the same airport (presuming HPN as base), your decision might be difficult...

Anyone else at Citationshares know about the prospect of moving over to TAG Aviation? Is that really an option or was that article wrong? Any examples of people who HAVE made that move?

Thanks

Yaketty Yak

Why are you so fixed on getting an answer to this question, Yak?

If you hear that its possible, will you then go for a job there at CS so that you can get a job at TAG? Why not just go right for TAG?

What is stopping you? Whats holding you back, Yak?

Last edited:
Chill out Jetz....

Nothing is holding me back - I am just curious - is that OK with you? Is this not an informational forum? Can't I ask questions? Are you sure you are OK with that? Can I have your permission to ask a question? Lighten up...

I read the article and was somewhat surprised with what I read - it sounded odd and not in line with what I had heard from Citationshares pilots I had met on the road - they never mentioned that "option." That is why I am asking the question. I am sure there are a few pilots at Citationshares who might like to fly a GIVSP or Global - probably a few.

Anyone out there beside Jetz who wants to be helpful and provide some information - especially Citationshares pilots?

Lumber Yak-

I have a couple of friends who fly for CS. They say it's the best flying job they've ever had and would have no interest x-ing over to Tag. They say there has been some cross over (mostly Tag -> CS). According to them, CitationShares guarantees an introduction to the key people at Tag if they do a good job.

Hope that helped,

Lear23driver

Hey yak

Hey Yak...

Trim the sarcasm...

better yet just shut the fyak up.

You seem to want to get more information about moving over to TAG...what more do you want to know...you can cross over.

First, get your private pilots license, then your comml/inst, then Multi...then be a good little boy for a couple of thousand hours and whammo.

:cool:

Oh, yea and Yak...

Hey Yak, I also heard that if you go to work for Netjets, you can someday fly a Citation X or a Falcon 2000... they have G4's too!

OR, if you get a job with Flight Options...they have G4's!

Wow, Flexjet has Challengers!

What are you flying now?

Will all the children please depart

Turbinehead...

Please go back to the kiddie boards where you belong, and spew your bile there with all the other snot nosed kids.

LumberYak... I am chill. Now, you "chill" for a second while I explain.

Seems that your goal is to get a job with Tag. My advice is that you should not go into a CS interview and tell them that is your objective, because that may be a negative for you...or it may not be. If Tag is your ultimate objective, then flying Citations to build time may not be the best way to go. I might go for an FO job in a heavier jet.

Just my opinion for what its worth. Sorry if I offended you in any way.

;)

P.S. Turbinehead, BEGONE!!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back