Citation Shares

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Getting used to meaning????"

...meaning you're actually going to have to work my friend.

"meaning you're actually going to have to work my friend."

You mean they're not going to make me sit in the CLT food court for 3:45 every day and twiddle my thumbs? Sign me up...

Getting used to means throwing bags for rich people who think you are a cab driver. Flying with a$$lickers who think they are gods gift to aviation. You get the point?

CJ3's

Heavy Set said:
When are the first CJ3s expected to arrive on the line? Early 2005? How many new pilots expected to fly them as they arrive (or are they replacing existing aircraft)?

Last I heard, the first CJ3 is supposed to arrive July '05. I'm no expert, but it would make sense to eventually replace the Bravos with the CJ3. I haven't heard if this is the case or not. They crew at 4.5 pilots per plane. Hiring is expected to be in excess of 150 in '05.

Hope this helps.

work day?

Can someone from citation shares give me an idea of an average work week? The number of legs you might fly and the hours of flight time each week, I know it must vary but just an idea would help. Also the cities listed as bases I assume are gateways, but how far might someone be flown to meet a plane say from LAX?

Thanks

You must live within a 2 hour drive of your base city. To get this distance go to mapquest.... that's what the company uses. It doesn't matter where your base is, you will be flown to wherever the jet is at the begining of your tour. I'm on the east coast and I've gone out west numerous times to start my week. It just depends on where the empty jet is and where you fit into the puzzle. Don't think that if you're on the west coast that you wont be coming east to start.... because you will come east more than staying west.... every week is different. It also depends on which jet you are on. Most days are 2-4 legs and around 2-6 hours. But I've had 9 hour days (flight time) and have had close to 50 hour weeks... I've also sat around for 2 days and had 12 hour weeks..... it depends. But most of the time you will be gone for 7on/7off. It's a dynamic operation and will never change. If you can't handle not knowing what you're doing tomorrow and then it changes for the worse at 3am then don't come here. Because it will happen sometimes. If you pack for 7-8 days and look forward to some great flying, to some great places (and sometimes not so great places) then you'll love it like I do. It's a fun operation flying awesome equipment and a company that looks out for you. We are generally a happy lot and I want to keep it that way.

tailhookah said:
and a company that looks out for you.
A company that "looks out for you". That's a riot. There ain't no such thing, in this business or any other, for that matter. If you think otherwise, then you have your head too far up your arse (or more than likely someone else's) too see the facts.

Cheer up Dooshbahg.... your glass has been half empty ever since I started to read this board... the problem with most people on this board is that they all see the negative side to everything. You don't work for Citation Shares so how would you know what the company is like. You don't see 8 million negative posts a day on CSV... take that for what it's worth. It's a great company to work for, I don't need to say that on this board. If you read this board on a regular basis and have 1/2 an IQ point then you would be able to gather that most of us at CSV are happy and that should speak for itself. FDBag, why don't you go and cry yourself to sleep and complain to someone who cares.......

Hey guys

I've seen the requirements on the site, but what seems to be the experience level of the average CS newhire? I have 2300TT 1500ME and a type for the Citation 500/550/560. Is this somewhat competitive?

Latest resources

Back