• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation Shares/West Coast Bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This was discussed on another thread - they evidently don't have a west coast base although some pilots hired earlier are "grandfatherd" and are allowed to be domiciled out here. Any pilots hired now are required to live in, or get to, one of CS's domiciles.

Hello,

West Coast Bases are as follows:

SFO

LAX

PHX..(New)

As we grow westward our pilot bases will grow to more locations.

We require that you RESIDE within 90 minutes drive to one of our base Airports. This is a requirement for continued employment.
In the past, we grandfathered in pilots who were with the company during its infancy, as they helped make the company what it is today, so don't be confused by what you might hear in conversation. The grandpa's are all in and have been for over a year now..that program is over. We take the current base rule seriously.

Jedi

As I posted on another thead, it appears it is now official. My friend that works at CitationShares tells me that a recent memo announced the opening of LAX, SFO and PHX as pilot domiciles. However, it comes with the warning that you must actually live within 90 minutes drive time of one of these domiciles. Evidently, as Skyking650 says, they take this policy very seriously. No crash pads, relatives addresses, or temporary addresses. You must provide proof of actual residency. Apparently, just showing up for your trip, or being in position for the beginning of your tour is not sufficient, as it is with the other larger fractionals.

However my buddy, along with some other of the pilots, are glad to see these opportunities open up on the west coast, along with the possibility of being able to move back out here. He says that even if it's not Seattle, at least it's closer to home.

Last edited:
After this past weeks snow I can see why the 90 min. rule has to be in place. Some of our crews took 4 days to get back to a crash pad.

Well for the most part, 99% of the time, they are sending the crews via commercial airlines from their "domicile" to the aircraft. So, I'm sure this past week wreaked as much havoc on the fractionals as it did on the airlines. Since the airlines weren't flying, the fractionals weren't able to move crews. All the 90 minute rule really does is put you in a position to be within 90 minutes of an airport served by serveral cost efficient options which the company uses to airline the crew to wherever their particular aircraft for the week happens to be. And if your domicile happened to be BOS, HPN, BWI or EWR....good luck getting there driving with this past week's snow.

your "friend"

Your "friend" sure tells you alot about Citation Shares.

What does your friend fly?

What does he say about the status of hiring?

TBH.

TBH,

As if it's any of your business at all....

Yes, my friend does tell me a lot about CS. Just as I tell him a lot about what goes on here. We talk via email all the time, and on the phone now and then. We've known each other for years and years, so we talk and b1tch and vent and complain and encourage, and whatever else seems right at the time...and I don't know you at all, except for your remarks on this board, which make me not want to know you at all.

As far as their hiring plans, someone posted on this board that they have 13 in class right now, and that's all the hiring planned. Someone else posted that they plan to hire around 70 this year. Personally, from what I've read, heard, and been told...I think it's somewhere in between.

You sure seem interested in what goes on at CS. Fill out their online app. See if you get a call. If you do, see if you get past the phone interview. Personally, I doubt either will happen.

Latest resources

Back