Citation Shares Seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LR35driver

I am furloughed UAL. If hired does CS require you to resign your previous airline seniority.

Do they allow you to pick your base or are you assigned one.

How many airplance and pilots at CS.

Do they have any more Aircraft being delivered.

Is there a seniority list at CS

Thanks....

There's no seniority, upgrade depends on how many pairs of management's shoes you shine--just ask that suck-up'in lackey XTW... :D ;) TC

Correction to the above. You do not have to resign seniority. I know of a new hire who was furloughed from ABEX and was recalled about a month after starting with CS. There are a few other ex United guys here.

USC*** said:
Correction to the above. You do not have to resign seniority. I know of a new hire who was furloughed from ABEX and was recalled about a month after starting with CS. There are a few other ex United guys here.

All that means is that ABEX didn't accept their resignation letter. Everyone in my newhire class at CS had to send a letter resigning their seniority.

Not true......I know the guy. He did not resign, was never asked to. He did however have to make good on the training contract.

Why would you resign your senority number to a Part 91K operator? Keep your number unless of course you were hired in '00 or '01 with United...pretty sure you'll never be back on property again.

true..........

CS may make you think that you have to give up your seniority but it doesn't happen and i wouldn't do it if they asked anyways....not worth it. but you do have to sign a one year note and from what i've seen and heard you will have to pay it if you leave inside of one year.... i think more people are starting to go elsewhere due to recalls. the LCC's are starting to pull some guys away as well. so don't expect to get out of the contract..... as far as the raises: they are paltry. you might be able to stay ahead of inflation if you suck up.... i mean get a good "merit" score which will lead to a good (read 3%) raise which might give you an extra quarter after you adjust for inflation. the bone-us is the only thing that is decent.... captains got about 1700 last year and f/o's around 800-1000 after taxes....it came before xmas so that was nice as compared to feb of last year. the thing about cs is that most guys are a little scared about screwing up... there is no protection and really no one feels like management will stick up for them if they have a bad day. the feeling is that you better do the right thing or else.... that's acceptable, pilots are professionals and want to do the right thing and in this age there are not a lot of jet jobs available that will keep the old lady off our backs but at cs everyone has a feeling of constantly having to look over their shoulder to make sure management is not catching them picking their nose in front of the owner.... we don't have that "protection" that you do at other places and upgrade will come for everyone but maybe not in a fair order.... so to come full circle???? cs is a good place to tread water and do your year minimum but not a good career...............crappy 401K and so so benefits.

Latest resources

Back