Citation Shares 90 minute rule???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

USC***

Just curious if this is based on mileage or what. I live about 35 miles from IAD (one of their bases). At night time, I can get to the airport in about 40-45 minutes. During normal daytime hours, it takes anywhere from 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. During rush hour, it can take from 2-3 hours to get to the airport.

This may seem like a dumb question, but for anyone who's from the Northern Virginia area, you know it can easily take 3 hours to go 30 miles along the beltway during rush hour.

How does the company determine you live 90 minutes from the airport. If it's really by time to get to the airport, the only way pilots in the IAD area could qualify is to live within a couple miles from the airport and own a bike for when traffic is bad.

its not as strict as people make it out to be. we have a ewr and a hpn domicile. it is just as bad as iad if not worse. verry seldom do they call you out within 1.5 hrs. i have been here almost a year and it has not happend so far. i think if you can get there a majority of the time you will be ok. if you get cought in a traffic jam just let them know and they will understand.

It a rough estimate of no traffic driving distance. They don't get rapped around the axel about 15 minutes difference. They ask you in the interview how far away you live.

Latest resources

Back