• Start date
  • Watchers 6

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I appreciate all of the replies and opinions that have been expressed with regards to my post.

What do you think the probability of a strike materializing is present day in your opinion.? It doesn't seem like management is going to give in, and the strike ballots have already been sent out so obviously I think there is a "decent" chance of a strike happening BUT I am nieve to this issue so I hope I am completely wrong and not well versed enough to make that comment...

any other opinions or feelings would be appreciated- Thank you for your time.

c h e e r s

3 5 0

98% of these disputes are settled at the 11th hour. If it goes to 12, all bets are off. Hour 11 (or 12) is still a couple months away.

Best case: A settlement prior to self-help that is agreeable and reasonable to both sides

Worst case: CHQ strikes or management imposes a lockout, the flying is picked up by replacement workers (insert "S" word here) at CHQ, Republic or elsewhere for even less than the substandard pay CHQ gets now, and CHQ goes away forever.

The only thing for sure is that the CHQ pilots aren't backing down. Courage is not the absence of fear; it is the ability to act in the face of fear. This is one determined group. We will get a fair contract or die trying.

Last edited:
Brother Francis:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is management asking of CHQ pilots that has spurred the possibility of a strike. I assume it has something to do with concessions, work rules., etc.

We're in contract negotiations right now, and this whole concessions bit seems to be going aorund like the flu.

Thanks for the input.

Out of "curiousity" > a new hire or someone in training cannot be forced to fly for Republic against their will should CHQ strike while you are still in training.?

How are they anticipating filling the positions at Republic? How could this all transpire?

3 5 0

Palerider-

See the thread on the "general " board entitled "CHQ Strike Vote, Synopsis of the issues." http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18539 Admittedly, that is the "labor version of the dispute, so take that for what it is worth, but I personally know the author of the cut/paste and as such, do not doubt his veracity. Make your own determination and should you choose to support us, you will do so with our sincere thanks.

350-

Would that be a BE-350?

In answer to your question, it would be your choice whether or not to fly for Republic. However, there is a certain word beginning with "S" with which a pilot would be branded for life if he or she were not very, very careful in their assessment of whether an out of work former pilot for the now defunct CHQ used to fly the route that that Republic pilot is now flying for lower wages.

Answers to your other questions are contained within the post I referenced to Palerider above.

Last edited:
Palerider957 said:
Brother Francis:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is management asking of CHQ pilots that has spurred the possibility of a strike. I assume it has something to do with concessions, work rules., etc.

We're in contract negotiations right now, and this whole concessions bit seems to be going aorund like the flu.

Thanks for the input.

Brother Francis will correct me if I'm wrong but besides the LONG contract negotiations and pay and work rules, its Wexfords intention to start up Republic that may cause a strike. An ALTER EGO carrier. AKA Freedom from the Mesa debacle. If Republic is allowed to start up it totally destroys not only CHQ's leverage but other regionals leverage in general. And then SA will be put on the hot plate to conform or be eliminated.

History folks. This situation is NO DIFFERENT than Lorenzo and EAL and CAL in the late 80's. One company holding 2 (or more) certificates and transfering flying from one to another in order break the union. The key here is if CHQ walks there can, 1 NOT BE ANY SCABS, and 2, Shuttle America must NOT FLY ANY OF THOSE ROUTES. THEY WILL BE SCABS IF THEY DO.

Any chance of SA being brought under the CHQ umbrella?

I have talked to many friends and if it happens MANY of us will walk the line to show our unity. I also am voicing my YES vote for ANY assesment to help out. I know you guys aren't ALPA but this WILL effect all ALPA regionals.

For the record, Mcpickle, you may recall how we first made our internet aquaintance: I stand humbly corrected. That being said, you have an accurate grasp of the current situation.

Furthermore, the support you (and others) are showing has had a tremendous impact on the morale of the CHQ pilots and will be an indispensible asset (both objectively and subjectively) in the days and weeks to come. Language fails to adequately describe our appreciation.

To all: This is not just about Wexford, CHQ, SA and Republic. This is precedent. As I said in another post, CHQ is carrying the standard. We will make a stand that will either benefit us or spell our demise, but regardless of the outcome, we are sending the message that the "race to the bottom" ends now.

Would that be a BE-350?

Ahhh..... The Super King Air 15,000lb MTOW "350" :D

(or mini-1900 as some would claim) nice bird but props are still for boats:D

3 5 0

Thanks for the information, opinions, and insight Brother Francis..
I guess this may be a long ride for all involved but in a way I guess that is good because it sure seems that what happened to Mesa will not happen or be "tolerated" at CHQ if you have your way... Just hope this works out and no jobs will be lost

Latest resources

Back