• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

embraerdriver

Chautauqua Bidding to Get Bigger
11/11/2003 1:22:55 PM

Inside INdiana Business has learned that Chautauqua Airlines has been asked to bid on a request for 45 regional jets that would fly under the Delta Connection nameplate.

The airline confirmed it has received the request, but declined further comment. If successful on winning the business, Chautauqua would increase its fleet by more than 50 percent and would likely add hundreds of employees.

The regional carrier, a unit of Indianapolis-based Republic Airways Holdings, has been growing steadily and is regarded as a success story in an otherwise troubled industry.

The airline is also continuing a search in the Indianapolis area for a new headquarters location.

Source: Inside INdiana Business

CHQ is finally looking to move out of the third floor of the airport administration building? Whoo Hoo! You guys are big time now. Renting your own offices and getting your own cubicles!

"I guess Chautauqua will be getting the lions share of the growth at DCI."

Not necessarily. All the companies in DCI received the RFP, plus two others (unidentified in company documents). I've heard a couple of names, neither of which was Mesa, suprisingly enough. I won't post them because they were just ops center ramblings.

We won't know who gets the jets until Mother D and DCI have run the numbers.

Same thing at USAir Express when Chautauqua, Mesa, Trans-States, etc.. were picking up all of the growth and fleet-replacement while the wholly-owneds (Allegheny, Piedmont, and PSA) were stagnant.

Now USAir group is finally moving in the right direction with PSA, while at the same time allowing Piedmont and Allegheny to wither and die on the vine as the airplanes are returned to the lessors at the end of their leases.

What is the benefit for a company to slowly disolve a wholly-owned unit? Is there a tax benefit or is it simply an acceptable form of labor "punishment"?

punishment and the fact that your PSA "brothers" sold you guys out for J4J's, which cascaded into the other contract carriers and PDT and ALG signing on later, just to be competitive.

of course, PSA guys will say(and have said) that they got the jets first because they fly "more complex" equiptment.

skiddriver said:
[ I've heard a couple of names, neither of which was Mesa, suprisingly enough. I won't post them because they were just ops center ramblings.

. [/B]

Once again, that is thanks to the Delta pilots scope language. You RJDC guys are running in circles. :eek:

Scope shmope.

At US Airways we had the strongest scope in the business.

Now they have RJ codeshares with every Tom, Dick, and Harry regional that isn't nailed down or on fire.

20,000 jobs in every category have either been eliminated or outsourced.

Pardon me if I dont think that scope-language carries a heck of a lot of water.

The only section that carries LESS water is no furlough.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back