CHQ Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jdru25

I have just heard some rumors today that Chautauqua is done hiring for the time being. I was wondering if there is any truth to this?

I seriously doubt that, a friend of mine got called yesterday for an interview, there's tons of growth happening with alot expected until all the Delta Connection jets are on property, and I really hope that's wrong since I'm swimming in the pool!

We just had a bid out for 5 crews in IND and 3 crews for MCO. Should continue through all of next year unless something changes.

I honestly don't know much about CHQ.

How many aircraft and what type do they operate?

Do they codeshare with only Delta and USAir?

What are the domiciles?

How many pilots at the company now and projected numbers for next year?

How long to upgrade?

What is the pay?

Would they consider hiring a furloughed major guy? I can probably give them a good 5 years...that's if UA makes it!

Cheers!

GP

Here are a few answers to your questions about CHQ:

>>How many aircraft and what type do they operate?<<
They operate ERJ 145's, and still have a few remaining Saab 340s around, but are in the process of phasing most of them out.

>>Do they codeshare with only Delta and USAir?<<
Code share is with US Airways, Delta, American, and America West

>>What are the domiciles?<<
IND, STL, PHL, CMH, RIC, BOS, LGA, MCO

>>How many pilots at the company now and projected numbers for next year?<< 530 current pilots, with plans to hire a lot more in the near future. Not sure on the exact number on that.

>>How long to upgrade?<< 2-2.5yrs??

>>What is the pay?<< 19.96/hr first year. Increases after that.

>>Would they consider hiring a furloughed major guy? I can probably give them a good 5 years...that's if UA makes it!<<

You'll have to give up your seniority number if you fly at CHQ.

They definetly are hiring though.
Good luck!

Clarification please???

I think you mean 200 hired in 2003, right?

CHQ

......and they forgot to tell you that management will FIRE you if they don't need you and the "teamsters" won't do sh!t to help you......and......they will undercut other carriers so they can whore their pilots out for chicken feed (its rediculous what they pay), employee moral is at an all time low........uh.......other than that they're a GREAT company to work for!

-J

Why?

Just curious as to why people on here constantly bad mouth other airlines and people's posts. It seems to be a reoccuring theme. I guess people are bitter about something. Anyways off my soapbox, and I can't wait to fly for CHQ, if that day ever comes!

Hey PUflight, you've been in CHQ's pool for a long time. Any idea why you haven't been called yet?

I interviewed last week for a possible Dec. 27th class and am awaiting the call. Why wouldn't they put you in that class?

Good luck!

Latest resources

Back