• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ChicagoExpress

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LOL!!!!!!!!!!! That was one of the funniest respones that I have ever read. Wrightavia.....you are the shiznit, my nizel!!!!!!!!

antney said:
also to add to the minimum times to be hired, it really varies, I beleive on the website its something like 1200 and 200. Which I really haven't seen anyone get hired here near that time, all less time. Seems like the total time is a must, but the multi isn't that big of a requirement, ecspecially if you know people at the company those mins could be less. If I get any hard information I will pass it down.
Anthony

WHAT??? an airline that is hiring people below published mins?:D
Maybe there is hope out there after all. Do you think someone with 500 multi and 300 turbine (SA227) with part 135 experience has a shot?

I only have 400 multi and I was fuilly expecting Katie to say what everyone else was - "get more multi time!"

but her eyebrows went up and she said "you are very qualified" - I have about 150 turbine...

If you are over the total time - then send in the resume.... sounds like you are what they want!

Yes, we are running a class of six new-hires in January, but I don't know if they're from the pool for internal candidates. Either way, all six people likely "know somebody" within the company. Apparently most of our hiring works that way (I've personally gotten three of my buddies aboard).

Hiring minimums are an interesting subject, especially since Chicago Express has never really held "hard" minimums. But we've found some problems in the past getting people through training without the "right" time. "Right" does not always mean lots of time, but quality time (i.e. outside the traffic pattern in less than CAVU weather).

What we (the check airman) proposed for minimums based on our training experiences is:

1500 total
100 multi-Engine
25 actual instrument (100 total instrument)
300 in the past six months

The stress is on recency of experience and instrument flying experience. Records show that almost anyone can mash the rudder to the floor and hang-on during a V1-Cut. But put that same person on a crappy-weather single-engine ILS, and the simulator visuals usually start flasihng red pretty quickly. We, like all Midwestern airlines, fly in some really crappy weather, so finely-honed instrument skills are a must.

These are just proposed times. I don't know if they'll become standard or not. Regardless they will make you competetive.

My recommendation is to find a friend within the company that's willing to "sponsor" you. Big things are hopefully coming for Chicago Express, things that might require hiring up to sixty pilots sometime soon. We'll know soon.

All the mins are no problem except the recency..... that is a bit tough to get after a layoff! Hopefully they wont institute that particular one. Just keep the sim ride for the weedout...

I'm with you d.fitz, that 300 in the last 6 months is tough! Difficult if your a flight instructor, impossible if your furloughed. I seem to have the quality of time their looking for...well above the actual Inst. and lots of night for what its worth, flying part 135 cargo out of Seattle. But total time and currency is a problem. I have a good time building deal available to me flying as SIC in the SA227 for half the cost of renting a 172. I guess I'll just have to keep doing that.

Oh, by the way, this company is authorized to fly the SA227 single pilot, but can choose to fly as a 2 pilot crew, so the flight goes if the FO shows up or not. Just trying to head off the hate before it starts:p I'm with the majority...when you pay to serve in a position that is required by the FAA, thats not cool

80for80 said:
d.fitz said:
[but her eyebrows went up and she said "you are very qualified" - I have about 150 turbine...

What a scary thought, "very qualified" my ass!

I thought a lot of regionals hired pilots without turbine time, let alone 150.

80for80

Are all 10 of your posts this intelligent?

Thanks for taking the time to write it - you have added nothing to the conversation.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back