• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

chicago express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interns at CEX get hired with 250-500 hours on a regular basis. Average new hire has 1500 hours. If you know someone you can get in at 800-1000.

Classes planned for June, July, and August. September is a "maybe." May I also just say that the vast majority of our interns despite low time have solid instrument skills coming from major aviation universities and do well in the sim... HOWEVER some (a very small minority) have not demonstrated adequate instrument skills and have washed. Apply only if you feel up to the challenge because although the company does everything possible to have someone pass you can wash and right now that wouldn't be good for your career in this market. Good luck to everyone...

Last edited:
Hey Saabcaptain
Can you possibly help with the contact info. Iam having no luck on the web, every link goes to ATA, I understand why; however there is no info on their site regarding CEX, only ATA job opportunities. They are not related from what I can gather because they talk of the 737 and TT of 2500.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.:)

Sure, I could give you the basic office address and the HR contact person but tommorow I have to stop by the offices anyway so I will find out where they like the resumes sent and who to contact. I will post tommorow night. Cheers.

im also in the june class anyone else out there in the june class. also do you know where and what the names are of the cheap descent hotels are.

Chicago Express Airlines
5333 S. Laramie Avenue
Chicago, IL 60638

(773) 948-8017 General Office
(773) 948-8018 General Office

Chief Pilot: Captain Don Terrill
VP / Director of Operations: Captain Scott Hall
HR Recruiter: Katie Pfeiffer (correct spelling this time)

The resumes will be going to Katie Pfeiffer now as Dan is becoming a First Officer. I recommend calling one of the main office numbers and requesting to speak with Katie, let her know you are intrested and ask how to go about sending a resume in. I imagine you will simply send one in the main address with attention: Katie Pfeiffer and cover letters addressed to VP / Director of Operations Capt. Scott Hall.

Good luck all, hope to see some of you on OE.

What is the fleet size of Chicago Express and how long would it take for someone to upgrade to captain there?

Thanks in advance.

Well I have been at the company for 4 years now and have never seen upgrade times greater than 24 months... it averages 18 months and I have seen it as quickly as 6-8 months. Right now I would place it in the 18-20 month time frame with the strong potential to be quicker if we get a new airframe (CRJ700?) as is constantly rumored. You just never know but it certainly is better than many other regionals at the moment in terms of time to upgrade. Timing is everything though and some get luckier than others in that regard in terms of when they got hired.

Latest resources

Back