• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cheyenne II vs. Commander 690B

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can taxi with one of them on the locks, though! Not fun when you go to takeoff, although if you are awake you will figure it out very early in the takeoff run, and you can just pull both back into reverse for a second and then push it up and go. At least that's what I've heard ;-)

As for the overspeed governor check, I believe on the 690 it's an every ten hour check. Of course, I always assume someone else did it, so I never do it except on maintenance flights.

On the other hand, I ALWAYS do the NTS check and the NTS valve check, even though they are technically first flight of the day. If the NTS system is not working, it could ruin your whole day.

Incidentally, I want to defend the nosewheel steering on the Turbo Commanders. True, it isn't the way I would have designed it, but once you know how to use it, it really works well and is quite reliable. And it is nice not having the steering connected to the rudder. It's difficult to learn, but before long it becomes second nature and really no big deal.

rchcfi said:
After I posted that I realized I had answered my own question. Once you take the props off the locks, the only way to get them back on the locks is to shut the engines down. And you are correct sir, if you try to taxi with the props on the locks, you'll just be making a lot of noise.

The Overspeed Governor check is done at maintenance intervals, like Some Dude mentioned, the NTS check is easily accomplished before each flight (not like the SAS test), and from what I remember, the Cheyenne has terrible steering.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back