• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Charter Services.....Mobile, Alabama

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was offered a job there a little over a year ago. They are 135 operator that manages a large fleet of citation I, II, III, and VII aircraft (I think 9 a/c in all). Most of their flying is actually part 91. I interviewed in DEC 04 and was offered the job in JAN. I didn't take the job b/c it was a very quick start date and there was no time to move. You get 6 hard days off a month and must live within 1 hour of mobile regional. I am married with 2 small kids and couldn't stomach the commute. ALSO, I was flight instructing at the time and not making squat. This was the only thing I could find at the time. Now the BAD news. They only pay FOs $15,000 per year to start and once you upgrade on the I or II, you only make $24,000. They get away with this b/c they hire pretty low time people with the opportunity to make CAP with only 2000 hours. If you can't find anything else, or don't have a family, it may be a way to get in a build some jet time and move on. However, they will have you sign a 1 year contract. You'll have to sign another contract if you upgrade. Hope this helps.

flyboy Now the BAD news. They only pay FOs $15 said:
Holy scumbag operator Batman! I saw their ad on avianation the other day and sent them a resume. If this pay is accurate and they offer a whopping 6 hard days off I hope they call me so I can laugh hysterically at them. Who knows, maybe things have changed in the last year. It's probably for the best that you couldn't take the job, but I'm sure there were more than enough people willing to take your place.

I'm certain there were. I think they hire quite a few instructors out of Auburn with less than 1000 hours. Some I've heard are hired with closer to 600 hours. They get out of being flight instructors earlier than usual and get paid about the same to fly jets. This is very appealing to those guys. Now, I noticed their mins are up to 2000 hours. If that is true, they might actually be paying respectable wages. I can't imagine someone with 2000 hours taking a job for less than instructor wages.

Holy Toledo

Actually you only get 4 hard days off a month and they will call you to fly on those days. I know someone who used to work there. If you want the whole rundown on this company, i can give it to you. Supposedly they have bumped pay up a little.

Other than building jet time there is nothing good about this place.

FO's min time is 1500 for their insurance... and capts must have 3000

they used to hire auburn cfi's with really low tt, but that was back in 2000-2001, my flight instructor worked for them and i knew the boss' son ,<-- only reason why i know that info.

PA31Ho said:
FO's min time is 1500 for their insurance... and capts must have 3000

they used to hire auburn cfi's with really low tt, but that was back in 2000-2001, my flight instructor worked for them and i knew the boss' son ,<-- only reason why i know that info.

That may be the case now but when I was offered the job in DEC 04 I had just under 1400 hours and was told I'd upgrade at 2000. I was also told that they'd just hired some guys out of Auburn.

Latest resources

Back