Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Alchemy

Got this email yesterday:

Alliance Flight is currently looking for qualified flight instructors.
We are looking for CFI with a minimum of 500TT. CFII and MEI is a plus.
Email resume to [email protected]

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Alliance Flight
512-530-7456

You are receiving this message because you are included in the mailing
list at Alliance Flight Academy. If you do not wish to receive
broadcast messages in the future, please click the link below.
http://s11.myfbo.com/d/remove.asp?fbo=afsl
Alliance Flight Academy, 4309 General Aviation Avenue, Austin, TX

Just a guess, but from what I know they pay about $22/hr. Several Skyhawks and a Grumman Cougar (twin) in the fleet.

I visited them in April. Any idea on how favorable they look at hiring instructors who have done all of their training there? Anyone have any experience with them? I posted another thread about Austin/Georgetown flight schools in the training section, but have not gotten much response.

There are no guarantees, but if you did a few ratings there and established your reputation as a good student, I'm sure you'd be at the top of their list. It usually works that way at most independent flight schools like this.

I work at a competitor of theirs. I had one of my students leave the school I work for to go work for them as an office person. I was contacted by the owner of this school offering me $22/hr. to teach in their Cougar(twin), and make my own schedule or so he said. I would have jumped ship if I was not leaving to train for a freight job.

I believe he only had 1 instructor, no CFII or MEI. He just changed his insurer and it now requires you to have 500 hours to instruct for him, which will make it hard to find some one. If some one has the 500 hours and is willing to move ot Austin TX., it could be a good opportunity to step right in to as a senior instructor.

I will try to find more info and get back to you.

They have 1 part time instructor and one full time that just phone interviewed with AIRNET, so a good chance he will be leaving.

There are 4-172s. 1-152, 1-PA140, and one Gruman Cougar(twin). They are looking to hire 2 instructors and have enough business to keep 2 busy right now, the 3rd instructor will have to hustle for students at first.

My ex-student still works there and has good things to say about it. Seems like the instructors are free to make their own schedule, which is a rare treat in flight instructing. Plus Austin is a very cool place to be if you don't mind 92 degrees in May.

Dadgumit. I just added my hours up and my 490 assumption was a little off. I'm at 465! I'd love to move to Austin.

Hey refuge, any idea if it's a good place to get upgraded to II and MEI or does he make you pay in full. I'm calling right now but I hate asking that question.

I dont know, the situation there other than what I posted. You will need to get your hours up though as it makes no sense to pay for any hours to get hired. There are enough forces trying to make you poor as a pilot. Based on your previous posts you get be up to 500 in 2 months at your current school, what a waste of effort.

The owner sent the email out to everyone on his mailing list. Apparently some one emailed him my info back. So he contacted me again to make sure I was not interested.

I would call him if I were you and tell him your situation, let him know your very interested in moving to Austin. You have said in the past your students like your teaching style. Put together a resume and get letters of reference from the most important or articulate students you have. A good letter of reference will go a long way.

I am not sure if you would get a discount on the plane but most instructors would provide instruction for free, or for the cost of a few beers. Austin is a great city, I will miss it but it is a deadend for a low time pilot. Get your hours CFIing then move on.

Good Luck

Latest resources

Back