Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EWRJ0225

Pilot
I am a CFII with 800 total, 500 dual given, I am looking to move to Indianapolis. I know of Indy Aero, are there any other flight schools in the area. If you know of anything, help a brother out! I have sent a resume to INDY aero a while ago, but havent heard anything! Does anyone know if they need instructors or how often they hire. Any help is appreciated!

Try Montgomery Aviation up at Terry...er, excuse me, 'Indianapolis Executive' airport.

www.montgomeryaviation.net

You'll probably be fighting it out with all the Purdue grads but it's a nice place.TC

eagle creek flight school is owned by greenwood, indy aero is the busiest, you'll fly 70 to 90 hours a month and the pay is great. Talk to Dave (flight school manager)

I would say from talking to an instructor at Greenwood stay away. I found out he recently jumped ship to another FBO in INDY. Aero is a great place but it'll be tough for anyone to get on there without doing stuff with them prior. I was told they hire a lot of their former students out who are looking for the inbetween from College aviation and their career. Anyway best of luck finding a place here in INDY. Its a tough place due to ISU and Purdue students looking for places as well.

Worked at Indy Aero back in 2003. Was a great place to build time. 90 + hours of instruction each month. New aircraft at the time. Everyone i worked with is long gone and dont know how things are going now.

I second the Greenwood comment. If that's the only place that will hire you, then take it. Just know that they treat their CFI's like crap.

Latest resources

Back