• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pgcfii2002

"Uh....oh yeah...&quo
Any ideas??

Recommendations?

Aspen Flying Club located on Tower Rd
Talked to the CP myself, place seemed alright but not super excited to have me there looking for some flying.

Flights Inc. TAC Air Hanger 10
Talked to a CFI working there, and he actually liked his job. They have something like 40 airplanes. I personally liked this place better, but this is based on the 10 min I spent at each place.

PM me if you have ?s or find anything good, including Pt 91 gigs.

Good luck guys, Denver is one of the most difficult places to get a CFI job. Many people that I know ended up having to move away from the area to get a CFI job.

If you have time eventually you will be able to secure one. I would research all the schools, decide which one you WANT to work for, start flying there and build up a reputation there. When something does open, you should be set.

Good luck. I taught at both Aspen and Flights Inc (was Key Lime Flights many thousands of days ago, when I was there). The CFI market in Denver was so saturated I was lucky to get the few students I had. Things may have changed since I was there though. If you have a choice go with Flights Inc. It is a much better club. Hope you have better luck than I did. Any specific questions PM me.

By the way, the only reason I was able to instruct at either place was because I was a very good customer (spent many thousands of $$) at each place before becoming a CFI

I think I'll stick to working 2 full time jobs and buying block time.

What do you know about CFI jobs in Denver for a high time guy? I've been with airline (CRJ), Cargo (727) and now corporate. I'm relocating to the Denver area and would like to spend some of my off time (7 on 7 off corporate sched.) as a flight instructor.

I know I'm not God descending down to take jobs from other CFI's but I'm curious if the higher time (over 5,000 total, over 1,000 turbine PIC, over 4,000 ME) and a current CFI, CFII, and MEI would help getting a part time CFI gig. I'm a little bored on my week off and would like to give back to aviation. A little extra cash would be nice too.

Obviously I'm not looking for a job offer here but am more curious if anyone here with knowledge knows how my qualifications would pan out in the DEN market.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back