CFI Jobs-Arizona

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RichardRambone

I'm helping a buddy who has 250 hours and a CFII look for a CFI job in or near Arizona. Anyone have any insight? I've given him my job websites to look at but seeing if any of you fine individuals has any headsup. Thanks.

RichardRambone said:
I'm helping a buddy who has 250 hours and a CFII look for a CFI job in or near Arizona. Anyone have any insight? I've given him my job websites to look at but seeing if any of you fine individuals has any headsup. Thanks.

Check the airports at Chandler and Goodyear. Deer Valley, Scottsdale, and Williams are pretty locked up from the academy schools.

RAA out of IWA will hire anyone because the pay is so low. I saw that angelair out of stellar was hiring a few months ago and they are a decent place.

There isn't anything at DVT, SDL, GEU. I dropped a resume at Angel Air (Stellar) almost a month ago and have heard nothing. It seems that almost every school in the PHX area that is hiring is requiring 200 hours dual given. I know, I've been dropping resumes for the past month and getting the standard "thanks, but we want someone with more instruction experience". I got lucky and walked into a school at CHD last week to drop off a resume, and got interviewed on the spot, hired the next day. I'd tell you to come by/send a resume, but the boss doesn't want any more instructors.

I didn't try anyone out at Falcon or Gateway, so you might look into those.

Try University of North Dakota's satellite campus at Williams-Gateway... they hire with no experience, thats where I got my first job... they like former UND grads but you can still get on there, I never went to UND.

There are a few schools in Prescott, Az and it's a very nice place to live. Highly recommended... I know there was a school there named NorthAire but I'm not sure not what other schools might be there now.

Cochise College in Douglas, Az has instructors, too, but I know it would be hard to get multi time there (I think they only have 1 multi and the chief pilot used to be the only one to fly it). I did not like living there as much and if you do, I recommend living in Sierra Vista instead of Douglas.

AZFor you arizona folks...

PERSONAL INSTRUCTOR NEEDED to fly and instruct on Beechcraft Bonanza and Piper Meridian. Pilot to have approximately 2000 hours of flight time. Turbine time preferred but not mandatory. Pilot to move or currently be located in Scottsdale/ Tempe/ Mesa Arizona and be available at employer request. Flight and instructor time would be approximately 3-5 days per week/ 2-5 hours each. Salary TBD. Please send resume to [email protected]

Try AirSafety out of GEU (Glendale). They are actively hiring and you will be flying SR20's. I know a guy who got on with about 350 hours, so 250 might be pushing it. Worth a try though.

Mesa at ASU

Mesa Pilot Development at Williams Gateway should have some instructors leaving soon. Folks usually stay a year, get their preferential interview, and then go fly the line. A LOT of them were hired between April and June last year, soooooo...I'd say 25-50% will be leaving soon. Get your resume in now. When I was hired off the street, they wanted a 4 year degree, 200 hours of dual given and 500 hours total time. Also a CFI/II, not just a CFI.

Latest resources

Back