• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cessna 421 Pilot Corpus Christi Texas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree, it's just this thread was about EMS positions, and general on-call charter somehow got thrown into it. Everything we do is critical, but sometimes we do other flights: company meetings or maintenance flights are about it, and are generally known a day or two ahead of time, and are usually offered to the pilot who's on his off week. If it's our day off then we may get offered to do those flights and get paid extra to do them. It is 100% up to us to accept or deny that flight; they don't hold it against us to not take it. No pressure at all, so it works out well.

It's a great gig. I did it for a couple of years. If you've got your fingers into something else, you've got plenty of time to do your things on the side. I spent more time finding things to do in Corpus than actually working. The maintenance is top notch for a part 135 operation. Initial and recurrent training are taken seriously, and well done. I'd do it again if I weren't married and flying for a 121 carrier.

Hey guys. As of 2-22-07, we are looking for another pilot for this job. PM me if interested.

The twenty minute thing is pretty easy to deal with, get an apartment close to the airport and you have it made, when you are on shift, that's when the twenty minute show comes into play. Just zoom into the airport while getting your briefing, yank out the airplane, and your ready to go, not too hard. South Texas has some good BBQ from what I remember.

Say Again Over,

That about says it. 20 minutes is very easy being that it's Corpus Christi. Even if you are on the other side of town, it's still not hard to get to the airport in 20min. Plus your dispatch takes care of pulling out the airplane and setting up the receiving ambulance. All you have to do is get a briefing and file while enrought to the airport. 90% of the time you're able to go VFR, so that makes it even less work.

BUMP....still looking!

Latest resources

Back