Centerline thrust time..Good or bad?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

planejockey

ok I have a friend who has the opportunity to fly an Atoms A500 soon... we were wondering if it is looked upon differently by anyone who is interviewing since there is no real VMC and VMC characteristics. In other words does it look good on a resume to have 100-200 hours in Centerline thrust airplane and 10 in conventional?

Adams A-500. the faa doesn't even recognize centerline thrust these days, as in they no longer even offer the multi-engine rating with the centerline thrust limitation. You still have to have a M.E. rating to fly one, so I guess that counts for something. I think that a lot of what "they" are after with multi time is managing more than one powerplant. I mean, it's not as if all of our multi time is with the critical engine caged, so what's the difference really? Here's the caveat: This is only my opinion.

Adams A-500. the faa doesn't even recognize centerline thrust these days, as in they no longer even offer the multi-engine rating with the centerline thrust limitation. You still have to have a M.E. rating to fly one, so I guess that counts for something. I think that a lot of what "they" are after with multi time is managing more than one powerplant. I mean, it's not as if all of our multi time is with the critical engine caged, so what's the difference really? Here's the caveat: This is only my opinion.
I agree. As far as I'm concerned, it's the type of flying you're doing and not so much the type of airplane you're flying. As far as I'm concerned a guy flying around single-pilot in a pressurized, multi-engine airplane will be making the same decisions and getting the same experience regardless of where the engines are hung on the airplane.

Latest resources

Back