Cell Phones

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sky4

I am currently shopping for a new cell phone service and wondering if I could get some help from you all. I am looking for the best coverage and price for my family. As a frac pilot going to god knows where at anytime I have yet to find a good service.

And what are the best deals now?

Thanks

umm..I heard NOKIA makes the best phones..??

:D

another vote

I too will have to vote for Verizon. Third cell company I have had and it is the best by far. 2 phones, unlimited nights and weekends and cell to cell for $60 a month. I have only been to one place in 2 years of fractional flying that was roaming.

I'm with niteflyr- just signed up for the Verizon package, with a second phone for the homefront. Great coverage just about everywhere, pretty good deal too.

Stay away from Nextel and ATT.

FF

I think AT&T is pretty good if you stay away from their GSM plan! Have been to VERY few places where my phone didn't work! (Have an dual analog & digital phone)

I use sprint. Works everywhere I go (I don't do EAS routes though, so, maybe my flying stays closer to civilization than a frac pilot would).

Now a friend of mine has verizon . . . doesn't work in his own house (and he lives in the NE, where Verizon is supposed to be strongest!). "Can you hear me now?" is something I say to him all the time, b/c he can't, he's in a dead zone!

Every cell phone company has dead spots. Find someone who goes everywhere you go and ask them what works. For me, Sprint works great!

AT&T isn't cheap, but my service has been reliable, and I seem to be able to get a hold of a service rep in no time at all, which I like. Especially since I've had them replace broken Nokia phones several times (the buttons just decide to stop working). Now I'm back to Motorola, and hopefully I won't have to think about it anymore.

Latest resources

Back