Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Career decision, to leave a ground school?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cargocaptain

I am hired at ABC airline and am in ground school, but XYZ airline has called and I am in there hiring pool. If I should choose to goto XYZ airline, what are the consequenses of leaving in the middle ABC's ground school? Could this affect me in the future? on my records somehow? I know that I do not have to sign a contract until after my checkride. I am sure this has been done many times in the past, but would like others thoughts and suggestions on this topic. thanks in advance.

You have to decide what you want. If XYZ is better than ABC in your opinion then go. If not, don't. The only "consequence" of going is you'll never again be employed by ABC. But by going to XYZ you're kinda making that decision already aren't you?

cargocaptain said:
I am hired at ABC airline and am in ground school, but XYZ airline has called and I am in there hiring pool. If I should choose to goto XYZ airline, what are the consequenses of leaving in the middle ABC's ground school? Could this affect me in the future? on my records somehow? I know that I do not have to sign a contract until after my checkride. I am sure this has been done many times in the past, but would like others thoughts and suggestions on this topic. thanks in advance.

Look out for #1.

Dont worry, neither ABC or XYZ airline really gives a $hit about you, they wont hesitate to lay you off in a minute if needed. Do what it takes to reach your own career goals. Heck, Joe CEO wont even post on a CEO message board asking IF he should furlough you or not. It will just happen. Its not personal.

Then again, you will always find some touchy feely lameass who will preach about loyalty, honesty, etc...

that crap is 100% true in your personal life, but it has nothing to do with business.

Another consideration

If a friend who is employed at ABC got you the job, then I would think twice about quitting in the middle of ground school. Just something to think about.

Fake illness, or death in the family or something. Breaking out in cold sweats and dropping a deuce in the corner of the classroom would probably convince them that you are not well and should go home to "get well."

:) EB

Gulfstream 200 said:
Look out for #1.

Dont worry, neither ABC or XYZ airline really gives a $hit about you, they wont hesitate to lay you off in a minute if needed. Do what it takes to reach your own career goals. Heck, Joe CEO wont even post on a CEO message board asking IF he should furlough you or not. It will just happen. Its not personal.

Then again, you will always find some touchy feely lameass who will preach about loyalty, honesty, etc...

that crap is 100% true in your personal life, but it has nothing to do with business.
I used to think there was lots of loyalty out there, but I've been burned 4 times in the past 6 months by current and former employers.

There is no loyalty in business...just business.

It's not a personal thing, it's a business decision...make the right decision for your business (which is providing for yourself and/or your family) and you'll be just fine.

Good Luck!

-mini

Mini....................
WTF...are you up to dude?? glad to see your still posting:)
just got done flying a weather gig in a 340...way too much fun:)
PC12Cowboy

I did precicesly this about eight months ago. I got an offer from XYZ but was in the middle of simulator training at ABC. I am very happy with my decision to go to XYZ.

Be careful about going to XYZ, be very careful.

I've heard of XYZ finding out that you were originally hired by ABC - and subsequently firing you.

That leaves you without a job at either ABC or XYZ!

Be honest to XYZ if you go.

Be honest. Don't attempt to weasel out. This is a very small business.

Look out for number one and take the job that is best for you.

The only reason to stay that I can think of, is if someone who you value got you the job. I have certain relationships that I value so much, that if one of those guys put his rep in the line to get me on, I couldn't leave. I'd rather take the less desirable position than I would betray a friend.

Other than that, don't be fooled into thinking that you owe ABC any thing.

:)

Latest resources

Back