Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

zafar7

hey guys

i wanted to ask you about cape air airlines, anyone heard any good or bad things about them

They fly 402C models. Do you think the 402 would be safe do to your flying passengers

UM YA. Bar Harbor used them for over 10 years. And Cape air has always used them. Real good bunch of guys. Very professional but know how to have a good time. They have their niche and they do it well.

i was thinking of applying for them. I am not current, did not fly over a year, but i have over 500 of 402c time. So i think i should do go in the training. I wanted to be based in Florida.

I was thinking of staying with them for 4 months, get current have 121 expereince and than apply for the regionals. What do you guys think. I have over 1500TT and 100multi but i am nto current and i dont think any regional would hire me for not flying over a year.

Any insight would be appreciated. if you know of any other company that would be good for about 5 months please do tell me

zafar7 said:
i was thinking of applying for them. I am not current, did not fly over a year, but i have over 500 of 402c time. So i think i should do go in the training. I wanted to be based in Florida.

I was thinking of staying with them for 4 months, get current have 121 expereince and than apply for the regionals. What do you guys think. I have over 1500TT and 100multi but i am nto current and i dont think any regional would hire me for not flying over a year.

You say you have over 1500TT and 100 Multi, but then you said you have 500 of 402c time. so wouldnt you have over 600 multi?
Just wondering.

sorry guys, i forgot to at the other 0, i have jsut over 1000 multi,
so do you think i shoudl do it.

thanks for all the help

I have heard pretty good things about Cape Air. They fly out of three bases----BOS, San Juan, and a Florida base flying to Key West etc. They do work their guys hard---I have heard they do 13-14 legs a day up in BOS---and one pilot got so disoriented that he/she became worthless and a passenger who was a private pilot had to land the plane in Provincetown (the tip of Cape Cod)----and unfortunately landed gear up---not knowing that the multi plane she was now driving (C402) had retractible gear---unlike her C172.

The San Juan operation seems to be popular during the winter---with a lot of flights to beautiful St. Thomas, St. Croix, and Beef Island (British Tortola). I am sure the Florida operation is also popular in the winter. And, ofcourse, the BOS operation to Nantucket, Marthas Vinyard, Hyanis, and Provincetown is very busy in the Summer. I think you should go for it, and land on 33R in BOS---all 2000 ft of it etc.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes: ;)

theyre no longer hiring. good luck if you can get in. i was trying back in February-march and they already picked up all that they need. even took down all announcements immediately. they even have a small pool going....very small. got alot of furloughed guys to fill the spots.

guys

the good thing is their is no contract, no commitment, with Cape air. so i can leave when i like. The main thing for me is safety!!!!, I just want to make sure the 402C they fly are well maintained. I worked for a part 135 operation freight company flying blank checks and man!!!! those 402's where like a flying coffin, the vors sometimes would not work, no dme or very hard to engine start, really dirty planes. sometimes i would lose electrical power than regain it. some part 135 operations cut corners to save money, but they put the risk of the pilot.

I thought flying people around would be more respectful, and that the planes should be better maintained and of course you feel more respect for yourself flying people than hauling blank check at 3 in the morning.

I was wondering, they still advetise on pro pilot 99 that they are hiring pilots.

I sent Cape Air several resume's and haven't heard a thing. I have all the requirements they are looking for and still NOTHING. What gives?

Latest resources

Back