Canadian form 24-0078

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

n2425y

I am looking for, and found, a 1963 Cessna 172 horizontal stabilizer. It does not come with a 337, but rather a Canadian form 24-0078. Is this Canadian form the same thing as a 337?

I'm not a wrench or an expert, but don't you only need a 337 if you are making a change to the aircraft's specifications vs. the TCDS?

If the stabilizer is a servicable part, it should have the standard yellow tag, and installing it shouldn't require any special paperwork as long as it is the correct part. Maybe the Canadian form will establish the paper trail that the FAA will want to see.

No, but you'll need a 337 if there was a major repair or alteration done on that component. Normally no paperwork is needed if you take an airworthy part from one airplane, and put it on another, other than log book entry. In this case, I would recommend a functional test flight before I give a return to service entry.

Its up to the installing mechanic to determine the airworthiness of the component installed.

I'm not sure what documentation is needed for customs. It's essentially importing aircraft parts.

Thank you very much. I've been surfing and it appears that the Canadian 24-0078 is equivalent to the U.S. 8130-3. I think that you are correct that, if there has been no major repair to the stabilizer, no 337 would accompany the part. Thank you for your time.

Well, ummm, well, not exactly

erj-145mech said:
No, but you'll need a 337 if there was a major repair or alteration done on that component. Normally no paperwork is needed if you take an airworthy part from one airplane, and put it on another, other than log book entry. In this case, I would recommend a functional test flight before I give a return to service entry.

Its up to the installing mechanic to determine the airworthiness of the component installed.

I'm not sure what documentation is needed for customs. It's essentially importing aircraft parts.

Any part being installed on an aircraft needs the proper paperwork in order to be installed on an aircraft. Even if it is coming off of another aircraft. Who is to say that the Horz stab form one aircraft that is the same make and model has the right part number?
Also, if it is the correct part for that aircraft, without the proper paperwork(i.e. in an inspected condition), how would you know if it has been removed from a plane that has auggered in and has had it's parts recycled from Shaddy Tree's Aircraft Parts?

The Tags that you are looking for to install new or inspected parts are 8130-1 or 8130-3.

If you do get it from Shaddy's place, I sure hope you trust his opinion on wether he is giving you a good part or just making a buck.

...but hey, I'm not flying on that.
Good Luck
GATOR

I'm sorry for not doing my own research, but when A&Ps use the term "yellow tag," are they referring to forms 8130-1 and 8130-3?

Gatorman, think outside the box. Not everything burns jet fuel. GA don't work like you think you'd like it to.

Its perfectly legal to remove a servicable part from one aircraft and install it on another. Show me where its not?

Latest resources

Back