Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Can failed checkrides trigger a 709 ride?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have failed the practical test for an ATP certificate 2 times. Does the FAA use failed checkrides as a criteria for a 709 ride. I have never had a violation, accident, or incident. I just get very nervous when I take checkrides.

Thanks.

A friend of mine who happens to be an airline pilot, was a FAA operations inspector. The question of 709 ride came up because I know of an airline pilot that had to take a 709 ride because of a line check inwhich this pilot had trouble with an FMS.

The 709 ride led the FAA to go after his other certificates as well. The pilot did pass the 709 ride, and was reinstated. My friend told me the 709 ride was at the discretion of the inspector, and it was design so the applicant will not pass. You need to do all you can to stay off the FAA'S RADAR.

By the way: This friend that was a FAA inspector, busted two IOE rides that finally sent him home by that particular airline. The aircraft in these statements happen to be A-319, and B-757.

CFI's don't and should'nt sign your 8710 for your ATP ride. So nothing on the CFI that provided training.

CFI's don't and should'nt sign your 8710 for your ATP ride. So nothing on the CFI that provided training.
You can recommend someone for an ATP (or CFI reinstatement). It just isn't required. Some CFI's like to pick up the pass to renew based on activity or get their gold seal.

I had one that failed on the ground. Would have failed again on the ground if the DE didn't give him a freebie. Finally passed the ground the third time and would have failed the flight if not for another freebie. Failed the flight again if not for another freebie. Then finally passed the flight.

That would be three tries at the ground, three tries at the flight for a PPL... He isn't going to make it to the airlines and we are all going to be better for it :nuts:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back