• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Campervans in airport parking lots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know of two guys that were camping out in their individual campers, and tapping into the airport electric grid with their permission. It was a pretty good deal, and one of the guys converted a school bus into a pretty livable camper. Another guy was doing at another of our airports as well...I used to "camp" in the FBO pilot's sleep room, but that is another story! The things we do to survive in this job...

My wife and I lived in a 31' travel trailer for 13 months, located on my airport. We paid $320 per month for full hook-ups, all the electricity and water we could use, and never had to move to dump. We saved a lot of money, but it did get old, so I can't imagine a camper van being any fun.

My wife and I lived in a 31' travel trailer for 13 months, located on my airport. We paid $320 per month for full hook-ups, all the electricity and water we could use, and never had to move to dump. We saved a lot of money, but it did get old, so I can't imagine a camper van being any fun.

Fun for a long weekend with a grill outside, some lawn chairs, and a few beers. But not after a 14 hour day or before a 5 am showtime.

Latest resources

Back