Calling in sick to interview?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lowvis said:
I would like to know what everyone thinks about calling in sick to a 121 carrier to interview at another. The thing that might hang a person with their present company would be the PRIA with the date that you have to sign it. I might just be looking too deep into this. Any thoughts welcome...

Lowvis

Try calling your Chief Pilot and let him know you have to interview with another carrier, ask him nicely for a week off.

Or just call in sick!

Just remember the company your about to interview with will judge you based on how you treat your current company....you will loose...just be honest with the boss if you cant do a trade, or possibly arrange another interview time with the new company....

If you going to get axed, will this is a positive for the current company, no unemployment to pay, etc...they will probably allow the time away with no fuss.

Someone told me once:

If you absolutely positively need the day off, don't bid for it or ask to drop or trip trade: Just call in sick. You Leave no trail that way.

CA1900 said:
And for heaven's sake don't travel on your own airline to get to the interview...

Don't know how things are where you are (;)), but anyone who calls in sick then non-revs on their own airline is an idiot. There are other ways to get to where you need to be without leaving a trail.

Once there was this guy who had to get up at 4 am and do a 2 leg commute back after calling in sick to see Jimmy Buffett at Fenway. Kind of sucked getting up that early (from what I heard) but there was no trail for the company to follow so it was worth it. Kudos to everyone at Independance that made it possible for him to get home. From what I understand he really appreciated the ride.

Latest resources

Back