Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rvsm410

Hey,
With all the fuss over PanAm and the PAA certificate gone and now I see PanAm aircraft at SFB, I was hoping to get PM'ed or emailed by some current employees of BMA, I wanted to see what the feelings were there about the supposed hiring going on at SFB this week. What the mood is, where the pilots stand etc....

email please:

[email protected]

Recalling some flight crew next week in anticipation of getting more airplanes on line. Perhaps some maint folks. As you may know, if you go to their web site, scheduled service restarts Feb 17.

Lots on news in the PSM papers the past few days. Do a search in the Portsmouth Herald, Foster's Daily Democrat, etc. Rumor has it they may be moving the entire op (airline) to Sanford. Talked to an employee there, the Jetstreams will be there a while. They still have a bunch of the Pan Am 727s sitting there. Don't get confused with the Boston Maine 727s, they are painted in the same colors and logos. But they have only a couple of BMA planes, doing charters right now. The FAA says in those press articles that the certificate will be moved to FL.

They are still waiting on the Court of Appeals decision about the injunction against them.

By the way, in case you want to read a "lot" more about what's going on at BMA, here is the DOT web site, under "simple Search" type in 7668 for a docket number and read all about it. This is a public site for anyone to read and even comment to the DOT about airlines that apply/change/modify service. There are no secrets here. "Just the facts ma'am". The company's distortions are all over the place.

http://dms.dot.gov/

On Dec 29 ALPA filed a motion with the DOT to have the operating certificate pulled because of management unfitness. You can read that motion on the DOT web site and the entire history of the BMA cert. Have a large pot of coffee next to you, I suggest you start form the most recent motion (Dec 29) and work backwards.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back