CALEX to start flying out of SJU?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LittleFokker

Read on the news that Continental Express will start flying out of Puerto Rico 1Q03. If this is true, who will be the operator and what type of a/c will be using.

Thanks

LF

Is this one of those Gulfstreamers trying to stir things up again?

I'd be tickled pink if they hired you. It would mean that we are hiring again. But where did you here that about SJU. I havent heard anything at all.

It was published in a local paper here in San Juan. And you know how reporters are, what I really want to know is,

1. It is true that CAL is opening a commuter base in SJU?
2. CAL is trying again like they did with GStream 2-3 years ago?
3. If true, Is this a code share with some of the local commuters carriers? or
4. COEX is coming down south? or
5. Some other COEX partners is about to start flying here?

just wondering how truthful was the article published in the newspaper.

LF

I dont know what to tell you I havent heard any of this at all. Maybe its some sort of Gulfstream thing, however I would think they would be busy with the anticipated flying in IAH. (another speculation). I'll check my Jeps on tues and see if we have SJU in our plates. Thats usually the first clue to new routes. SOmetimes it takes 6-12 months. But why else would we have LAX and other So. CAL cities?

Thanks for your response let me know if someone knows something, talking about IAH, that's Gulfstream for sure? What about TSA are those people trying to get that piece if the pie also?

The info we are getting is that the flying will be performed by an "existing" CO connection carrier. So In my mind thats wither TSA or Commutair. The logistics would "imply" that Gulfstream would take the southern stuff and Commutair the CLE. Otherwise I cant immagine how they would support their fleets so far away. Again this is just onw pilot thinking too much.( ans we all know how that goes)

Latest resources

Back