Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mamba20

Do what now?
Curious as to how the decision is made. Once you've passed the panel interview and are then invited to do the sim are you essentially going to be offered a class assuming you fly the sim well or what?

Well, you must pass the sim and panel interview. If you interview in Houston they will be done on the same day. Some people do the panel interview in Cleveland or Newark and then fly down for the simulator session on another day.

In my case the panel interview was immediately after the sim. I came out of the sim and was in the panel interview only minutes later.

I would NEVER attempt to fly the MD-80 sim without the prep. You get 30 minutes to learn the profile and they seem to expect that you already know it cold. They also ask if you did the sim prep, expecting that you are well prepared or the sim.

If you can get past the sim, the panel interview is more of a get to know you sessoin. The next thing you know, you are in training.

i also did both same day...i would also tell you to do the sim prep..worth every dollar! did the sim/panel on a monday, got the call with a job offer the next day.

good luck!

i also did both same day...i would also tell you to do the sim prep..worth every dollar! did the sim/panel on a monday, got the call with a job offer the next day.

good luck!

Where do u do the prep?

i used crew pilot training in houston..you use the same sim for your prep that you use for the interview

Latest resources

Back