C-182 pilot needed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PA-44Typed

Full time jump pilot for seasonal resort DZ in Maryland. Skydiving experience preferred but not required. Reply to [email protected]

I live in OC. If you can find a place to live (rents here for a 2 br condo in season start around 1700/mo--- to that much a week), the town is a RIOT. Literally tons of places to have a good time, and with only one artery up and down the island and a cheap bus system makes for an easy ride anywhere.

You can live relatively close for a lot less, but to drive in and out during the summer is hellacious. I've seen 15 mile backups. The airport is in West OC, but you'll still get the craptastic traffic coming in on 50.

Sig said:
I live in OC. If you can find a place to live (rents here for a 2 br condo in season start around 1700/mo--- to that much a week), the town is a RIOT. Literally tons of places to have a good time, and with only one artery up and down the island and a cheap bus system makes for an easy ride anywhere.

You can live relatively close for a lot less, but to drive in and out during the summer is hellacious. I've seen 15 mile backups. The airport is in West OC, but you'll still get the craptastic traffic coming in on 50.

Jesus why so high for rent? Maybe the town is fun but I don't see how you could have much fun since you're struggling to pay rent when you're only making however much this skypilot job makes.

You answered the question yourself.

5 million people visited the place last summer. It's only a couple hundred yards wide in some places, gajillion waterfront condos for rent, and it's a gigantic draw for the NE college crowd for a blowout summer. My fiancee came down in 98. Stayed.

There are places that are liveable nearby. It's about a half-hour from Salisbury. Rooms are let out all over the place.

My 1100 ft^2 condo is worth 360K. Forty blocks (OC blocks, not a city block- very short) south the same place would be 750+.

Just issuing fair warning about the COL.

I'm sure everybody here appreciates the heads up warning. Any idea what that skypilot job would pay per hour since it doesn't give many details to it? You say places that are livable. That could be a broad range of the spectrum so what do you mean? I've seen jobs that say the place is livable and they are referring to a hut in guam or something. Just saying that could mean anything. Also for these places that you say are nearby, what would be the cost for them? How would the drive be since you said traffic is terrible. Say you have to be at the airport at 8, what time would you need to leave in order to beat the traffic? Thanks for your responses.

Most dropzones will have some kind of bunk house. I never had to worry about rent in my diverdriving days.

If there is a bunk at OCX, then your problem is solved.

Salisbury has rooms in boarding houses from about 250- any cheaper and your life is in danger (Church St, Isabella).

There are ways to eat...
Locals here make a heeeyooooge living waiting tables or slinging booze when they want; some places you'll walk with 300/night to almost a grand (Seacrets)... done by 10:00pm / 4am respectively. You can bar-back for tips too, even busboys make bank. Remember, these folks are on holiday. Party. Spend. $$$.

The drive is insane. I 'commute' to and from Salisbury (a 40 minute drive from my end of OC) and in the summer I have no problem getting TO work... but when I have a day that ends before 5 pm it takes at least twice that getting home. I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE winter, though... but I'm here year 'round and I'm a homebody that likes my local pub and my pool.

PM me for more.

Latest resources

Back