Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Slick

Found on "Air Transport World":

"CCAir President Carter Leake told ATWOnline that he is willing to go back to the bargaining table for a fourth time with the Air Line Pilots Assn. in an effort to save the company and its pilots' jobs. Thus far ALPA has made no move and most CCAir pilots remain out of work. Last week they lost a key legal battle when a court declined to order ALPA President Duane Woerth to sign an agreement that had been ratified by the pilots. Woerth refused to sign the contract because he believed it made too many concessions to management. CCAir is flying only four turboprops and most employees are gone. Leake told ATWOnline the company will shut down for good Nov. 3 when remaining contractual flying agreements expire. He said there has been no contact with ALPA--"The only person I need to get back to the table with is Duane Woerth and I haven't gotten a call." After the Aug. 29 court ruling in his favor, Woerth stated, "At this point, we are hoping that we can take this out of the courtroom and back to the bargaining table where it belongs so that we can work together to try to save CCAir pilots' jobs."

The actions of Dwayne Woerth, (and ALPA), continue unabated in their gross display of contempt, disdain, and arrogance when it comes to regional airlines.
The line pilots of CCAir ratified this contract!!!! They took the deal!!! But Capt. Woerth knows best and is acting within his (abuse of) authority to nix the deal. How **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ed arrogant. Not only is Capt. Woerth going to take away jobs from CCAir pilots, but he, (and ALPA) are going to take away jobs and security of every other employee at CCAir. We're not just talking pilot jobs here. We're talking about the children, spouses, parents, and other family, friends, and communities who are touched by the incomes of CCAir and it's employees, .....not just pilots.

Here's a thought. Given Capt. Woerth's obvious motive to shore up the J4J initiative at USAir, would Capt. Woerth and ALPA be dumb enough to display a propensity, willingness, and/or desire to kill regional airlines, (wholly owned or otherwise), thereby getting rid of the competition? Is this another antitrust violation perpetuated on the regional airline industry by "big brother", (a.k.a. ALPA)?

You know, for an organization who is faced with a very viable lawsuit, (RJDC), and very questionable, if not outright contemptuous posture toward those whom they have agreed to represent, the level of arrogance displayed by ALPA is astounding! Do they think they're bullet proof???

the truth will come out

To all of my CC Air brothers, The fact is...the truth will come out and we will survive...SLICK ...well you're SLICK.. right on brother man...WORTH IS WORTHLESS...I'M GONA SAY IT AGAIN ..WORTH IS WORHTLESS... I'M PREACHIN NOW..

WE'LL KNOW THEM BY THEIR FRUIT... THEY'RE EVIL SUMS A B--CHES...

I KNOW ONE THING.. if they succeed in killing the company that I loved flying for..well then my brothers at airtran and jetblue and southwest.. not to mention the other 700 to 1000 regional jets on the east coast are going to eat their lunch..

AMEN .....yeah I'm talking USAir because they're letting Worth run the table on us...

BACK TO THE BARGAINING TABLE...WHY THE DEAL WAS DONE..WHAT'S THERE TO TALK ABOUT.

SAVE OUR JOBS... I'M GOING TO GET ANOTHER BEER..

AND PUT ON SOME TUNES.. IT'S A GREAT DAY TODAY 9/05/02

Eastern Air lines

Check out the Eastern thread.

They have a bunch of people who want to stand on principal to the point of calling anyone who does not agee with this type stupidity a scab.

NO union is bullet proof.
No person nor organization is perfect either. As my wife puts it, "We crucified the only perfect person to ever walk the face of the earth."

Years ago I asked my dad about the eternal Union-Management conflict, his reply was, "Unions are like a pendulum, they are constantly swinging between overbearing strength and inablility to effect a single change. I have worked at a couple places that needed a union so badly and I have worked at a couple places where the instant the union was decertified and dismissed from the plant, the place expanded with more people being hired at better wages and benefits than we had in addition to easier work."

I was taught and firmly believe that principles/ethics/integrity is all a man truely owns, anything else can be given or taken away in the blink of an eye. Sadly, it appears that our entire society is now driven by the bottom line; what's in it for me, how much can I get, etc. etc.

The old axe continues to hold true, "power corrupts; absolute power, corrupts absolutely."

A person or an organization either is honest or dishonest, has integrety or does not. Without those two things, the labels of "right" or "wrong" is meaningless.

Last edited:
to Rvrrat...great perspective

my late father...used to say..( and he knew this because he had fought to keep his plant from being unionized..(he owned the place)....."labor unions are job killers"

today his employees enjoy job security and growth...profit sharing and leading wages..

if the growth is there and Mgt and labor get along and understand the profit motive... then things work out..

Latest resources

Back