Building Multi TIme

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AJL5236

Does anyone out there know of any good ways to build multi-engine time. I dont have my MEI, but plan to get it in the next coming months. Other than that renting is always an option, but expensive. Does anyone know of any charter companies that hire low time pilots. I know the industry is hurting right now and is hard to find a job doing anything related to aviation, but anyones advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I think this was discuessed many times recently, but im bored so here goes nothing.

Dont worry about multi right now. You have 300 hours.l You need to work on your TT. If you have your CFI go ahead and start making some money with that. Use that money to get your CFII and MEI. But you have to get that TT. The multi time will come.

I have a good bit of multi time, but am finding that i just need TT now!, so take it from me and just keep flying something! even if it is only a single.

multi-time

On the other hand, some of us are on the other end of the spectrum. 2200tt and flying 100 a month, less than 50 multi. I can't even apply at Great Lakes!!! The way things are moving, it may be 6 more months before I get the coveted Baron run. (Are you guys at Flight Express applying anywhere?) That would put me around 3000 hours with no multi time. My advice, of course total time is good, but try to network your local airport to get some right seat time or PIC if possible. Get whatever multi you can. At least try to get 100 hours so you can at least put some resumes out. Obviously, this didn't work for me but not because of lack of effort. If you can get your MEI, you can "instruct" one of your low time buddies in a rental. If all else fails, get your 1200 hours, come work at Flight Express, and in just a few short #%*$%^&^^ years, you can build some multi-time every day and get paid for it!!! Good luck!!

J

Multi Time

The best way to get multi time without an MEI is to network at your local airports and find someone that would like a safety pilot for logging instrument approaches. I am currently flying with a guy that is doing his instrument rating in a twin commanche. Just network and see what pops up. Keep building that total time.....once you get the multi time you will be set.

Renting expensive? Had an itch last week to break the 100 hour barrier on ME time.

Here it is:

1 Beech Baron A55 (dry) for 3.5 hours $434

20 gallons fuel $51.80

40.5 gallons fuel $81.00

24.5 gallons fuel $65.66

Total Cost: $632.46

Includes 2.7 hours of actual with two ILS and one VOR approach.

I hope we have a busy weekend coming up flying skydivers. I need the money.

Here is how i did it...
i went to ERAU DAB
Got my multi and XT as many flights as i could...walked out of my CMEL with about 40 hours Multi....
went to a local FBO and bought a block of about 40 hours....Flew a 310 for a while...Got som BE90 time will i was hanging out at that FBO and broke my 100, came back and got some more TT flying a C210 but what was nice was getting a joby flying for a part 91 company in a 1994 BE58. Ive been flying that for about 3 months and already got another 250 multi from that so its climbinb...If you live anywhere near Omaha, Nebraska let me know....You can fly with me and build your time.

LrjtCaptain, when did you graduate from Riddle? Did you fly Regional Air Charters C-90?

hey ant..

hey anthony whats up man...you, me and everybody needs multi time..lets buy one...jk.

idont care who flys with me as long as they have an instrument and multi liscence and know whats going on

Latest resources

Back