Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyMeSWA

Giddy-up
Anyone at Logan here this the other day? Mid day, the guy working ground on .9 screwed his mic up and ordered some big buckets of shrimp for the tower on ground freq. Went on for about 4 min it was hillarious. Also cheers to the quick witted Jazz crew on tower 128.8..."Jazz xxx holding short on taxiway Shrimp." Anyone else there for that?

Dr. Van Nostrin (From the Clinic)

FlyMeSWA said:
Anyone at Logan here this the other day? Mid day, the guy working ground on .9 screwed his mic up and ordered some big buckets of shrimp for the tower on ground freq. Went on for about 4 min it was hillarious. Also cheers to the quick witted Jazz crew on tower 128.8..."Jazz xxx holding short on taxiway Shrimp." Anyone else there for that?

Dr. Van Nostrin (From the Clinic)

http://www.liveatc.net/ Do a search for us if you remember the date and time. Click on "Audio ATC Archives (MP3)" on the left side.

Found It

Oh my this is hillarious...

it was Wed the 24th on Boston GND/DEL from 0930-1000ET and it starts at 4:30 min into the file goes till about 6min. I'm going to tower freq now at the same time frame to see if I can pick up the jazz clip. Thanks its a cool site...

No shrimp here

STRIP buckets, guys, not shrimp. The buckets that hold the little plastic things, strip holders, that your strip, i.e. flightplan, is placed in after it prints out. That's why he is talking about heavy rubber composition vs. the light plastic that is falling apart. Unless you guys eat heavy rubber shrimp? :)

Hold West said:
STRIP buckets, guys, not shrimp. The buckets that hold the little plastic things, strip holders, that your strip, i.e. flightplan, is placed in after it prints out. That's why he is talking about heavy rubber composition vs. the light plastic that is falling apart. Unless you guys eat heavy rubber shrimp? :)

This is funnier yet!!!!! Somone really blew it with that shrimp story.

Why is USAir 821 trying to call another airplane on the GND/DEL freq on that archived recording? Anyone catch that?

oh my god....well that's just even funnier now that I know that! Thanks for the reply. I think you guys at BOS do an amazing job. You know us I'm sure...VFR 1500 to OWD, RWY HDG off of 22R. Thanks for the help.

also now that I think about it....on tower, CO tells tower that gnd had been ordering "shrimp for the past 5 min" and tower said okay I'll let him know. Also Jazz said shrimp so thats why, since no one was corrected, including all the guys on ground saying "make that two" and "you're going to need more shrimp than that" werent corrected, I assumed it was the latter.

Last edited:
The other day in BHM the guy that read the ATIS read the temp as 43. (Forty-three). Wasn't quite that hot. :) I asked the tower who did the ATIS because he had to be buying the beer tonight.

Latest resources

Back