Boston-Maine Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Capt_robert

Looked at BM Web, they are looking for J31 and 727 Capts Has anybody been called or know any info? Whats the story on the contract?
;)

bma --contract

last year in august 2002, i interviewed. i was desperate,selling cars, and even with the so called 6 on, one off (at an outstation) i did consider them. for currency sake.

their contract then called for a 14,000, 2 year deal that depreciated at a rate of $700.00/ month.

there was no flow through to the 727.

the chief pilot was former cape air, the do some crusty ol air force guy.

they stopped hiring right after the interview and parked alot of their fleet.

in my view, a very risky operation. opinion only

I thought I read that BMA and the new Pan Am are owned by the same company and the owners are using BMA to get around the Pan Am contract as it relates to 727 operations..... sounds typical

Dogg:

You are absolutely correct in your analysis.

BMA is in the process of adding 727s to their certificate. In addition they are getting more J-31s from the boneyard in Kingman. They are going through rehab before coming on lline.

The utlimate future of Pan AM is not clear or the timeframe.

BOSTON-MAINE AIRWAYS TO QUIT HANSCOM
Published on April 3, 2003
Author(s): Davis Bushnell, GLOBE CORRESPONDENT

Boston-Maine Airways, which has been seldom seen at Hanscom Field since introducing limited service last summer, now says it is departing the airport for good.

The small Portsmouth, N.H.-based carrier has told the Massachusetts Port Authority, which owns and operates Hanscom, that it is ceasing operations as of this week because of scant business, according to Barbara Patzner, Hanscom airport director

It's all union busting. They want people who will sell their souls and walk on their friends then you will be thrown out in the trash.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE, FAR AWAY, THERE IS NOTHING BUT TROUBLE HERE, TRYING TO BUST PAN-AM UNION, BACK TO SIX ON 1 OFF NO OVERTIME, COMPANY HAS YOU BY THE BALLS AND IS UNSAFE OVER 100+ HRS A MONTH, HORRIBLY UNDERSTAFFED, BAD MAINTENANCE AND PIECES OF **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** (JETSTREAMS). WORST MORAL AND JOB I HAVE EVER COME IN CONTACT WITH. STAY AWAY, STAY FAR AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FLGuy said:
It's all union busting. They want people who will sell their souls and walk on their friends then you will be thrown out in the trash.

Sounds like a reprise of Freedom Air. Who's running the show - John Orenstein or Frank Lorenzo?

-Boo!

Latest resources

Back