Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bigger SWA Pool list..Benefits of list..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MLBWINGBORN

Freedom Fighter
Hey guys and gals..

After having read all of the great posts as well as watching the growing fellowship amongst the poolies I have to say that its just fantastic how things have gone with the list..

Also a great wag of the wings to Dan who has kept the list now far longer than he ever dreamed would be needed im sure..

Having said all that I think that a few reminders to those of us that have benefited from all of the hard work might be order..

Spread the word about the list as often and as much as possible..

Try to help locate info about pool members and forward it to Dan...

When you get a class date, be sure to forward the great news to Dan as well as continue to contribute to the board after becoming an employee...

Lastly..Try to never forget what is was like to have all those folks out there doing their very best to keep us informed as to the goings on with both the interview process as well as the pool list/ classes..

And remember to return the favor to those that are to follow in your wet foot steps into the pool behind you..

I feel that if we all move forward with these thoughts in mind we can both grow the list as well as provide a service to those that may want to benefit from the wealth of knowledge that has been avalible here on this great board..

If I can help anyone at any time please feel free to PM me..

And for those of you that have towel in hand heading for the great locker room in Big D..

Welcome to the best darn airline in the world..

MLBWINGBORN

MLB,

As a HUGE benefactor of all y'all's efforts, Good point...

Nice to see you pop up above the radar...you have been flying low for a while:p

Hooch

And the new PT poolie factor is....

Step right up folks, that's right.
340 in the pool, now that we've had the Jan 6 class, divided by 249 is the new factor. Your results may vary.
This was an actual test completed by an experienced poolie in carefully regulated conditions. Do not try this at home.

ALSO - Don't forget to log onto southwest.com at 10:30am EST tomorrow, Jan 22 (that's 9:30 Herb time) for the official 4th quarter conference call live!

Hooch..

Ive always done my best work moving fast, in the weeds, well below the radar..

If you hear me..Im already gone..

Nice Avtar..

MLBWINGBORN

Mike, you are sooo right about me keeping this list longer than I dreamed when you passed it on. I will be very glad to pass the baton when my class comes up....

When you started this list I had no idea we'd have so many waiting for so long....but it has kept us in check why it's taking some of us a while to get to Dallas. Thanks for all the footwork in getting this started....we all appreciate what you've done.

:cool:

A nominee to manage the pool list

w8n4swa,

I'm not in the pool, but I have slept at a Holiday Inn. Like many other SWA wannabes, I've scanned through your list and noticed a few of my friends scattered about.

One of those friends is computer savvy, underemployed as a house dad (thanks to an outstanding wife), and most importantly near the bottom of the list. I won't call him out in public, but he reads this board frequently. Maybe he'll offer up his services when your name is called...in case he has any wild ideas about slacking. The bait is out there...wondering if he'll bite.

Yahtz

P.S. He needs an excuse to stop playing a computer game called "Day of Defeat" at night when the family is sleeping. ;)

Sounds like just the man we need..

Mike
MLBWINGBORN

Pool keeper nominee's...

Nominee Requirements:

1. Soggy Pool member

2. Some Microsoft Word Skills

3. Patience

4. Incredible desire to work for Southwest Airlines!

So far we have Hooch and Yahtzee's "Day of Defeat" friend.

Any other nominees???

Re: Pool keeper nominee's...

w8n4swa said:
So far we have Hooch and Yahtzee's "Day of Defeat" friend.

The "Day of Defeat" Dude is after spot 240 on your list. If you don't get any volunteers, maybe you can start a poll to elect a new pool "lifeguard" with nominees:

1) Hooch

2) Day of Defeat Dude

If the Day of Defeat Dude wins, he must reveal his identity, manage the list, and give up Day of Defeat for Lent since he's Catholic. :eek:

Yahtz

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back